Home

Risers and Fallers

This is a discussion on Risers and Fallers within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2015, 01:17 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Risers and Fallers

Now I'm wishing that I had bought more than 1 spare Adrian Gonzalez. He's already up to 20K now. Oh well, I'll take the 17K profit from just selling one of them. I knew he would be getting a ratings bump eventually.

The Mariners collection just became way tougher to complete -- glad I got that one out of the way early and earned Edgar Martinez already.

I was hoping that Lucroy's ratings would go down so I could complete the Brewers for cheap. But somehow, Lucroy survived with no ratings deduction, even though Braun and Aramis both got deducted . Lucroy's stats are actually worse than those two guys' numbers in real life right now.

Braun = .230 AVG, 1 HR, 4 RBI
Aramis = .197 AVG, 1 HR, 6 RBI
Lucroy = .133 AVG, 0 HR, 1 RBI

Yet Lucroy is still untouched as an 87 OVR gold, while Braun got dropped to an 84 OVR and Aramis got dropped to an 83 OVR.

Last edited by jyoung; 04-27-2015 at 01:23 PM.
Old 04-27-2015, 01:28 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
Interesting week

If people notice certain players who have been boosted or dropped post below and ill update this post..There were a few guys i was unsure of because i could not remember what there OVR's were prior to this update

Players who have Increased
  • Dee Gordon (86 ovr), Adrian Gonzalez (90 ovr), Matt Kemp (86 ovr), Nelson Cruz (88 ovr), Jake Arrieta (87), Chris Archer (87 ovr), Souza (80 ovr)
  • Shane Greene (83 ovr), Trevor Bauer (81 ovr), Jorge Soler (82)
  • Harper (85) ?, Votto (91) ?, A-Roid (81) ?, Bartolo Colon (82) ?, Salvador Perez (83) ?
Players who have decreased
  • Cargo (-2), Braun (-3),Tajuan Walker (-1), Iwa***a (-2), Cishek (-3), Josh Harrison (-2), Springer (-2), Garza (-3), Brandon Moss (-3), A. Eaton (-2)
  • Jered Weaver (-3), Mark Melancon (-5), Gattis (-4), Fernando Rodney(-)
  • Tulo (-?), Andrew Miller (-?), Jeremy Hellickson (-?)
Jordan Zimmermann also fell two points to 89 overall. Kind of ridiculous after a few starts.
Old 04-27-2015, 01:29 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCScreamingEagles
However at this point I do not think these updates are actually affecting player attributes in game as if you look at player cards all ratings are still the same as the original ratings.
Looking at my card collection, the OVR rating is updated on guys like Braun and Aramis, but their individual attribute categories remain the same. Braun still has 97 contact/95 power versus lefties, for instance, just like he did pre-update.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2015, 01:56 PM   #12
Rookie

goodplanbarf's Arena

really kicking myself for selling my Cruz now
Old 04-27-2015, 01:58 PM   #13
Banned

TonyDanzaFan's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Now I'm wishing that I had bought more than 1 spare Adrian Gonzalez. He's already up to 20K now. Oh well, I'll take the 17K profit from just selling one of them. I knew he would be getting a ratings bump eventually.

The Mariners collection just became way tougher to complete -- glad I got that one out of the way early and earned Edgar Martinez already.

I was hoping that Lucroy's ratings would go down so I could complete the Brewers for cheap. But somehow, Lucroy survived with no ratings deduction, even though Braun and Aramis both got deducted . Lucroy's stats are actually worse than those two guys' numbers in real life right now.

Braun = .230 AVG, 1 HR, 4 RBI
Aramis = .197 AVG, 1 HR, 6 RBI
Lucroy = .133 AVG, 0 HR, 1 RBI

Yet Lucroy is still untouched as an 87 OVR gold, while Braun got dropped to an 84 OVR and Aramis got dropped to an 83 OVR.
I did the same thing man. I planned on buying multiple of him. If only I knew the update came out on Mondays. I'm just happy I pulled the trigger yesterday.
Old 04-27-2015, 02:15 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 55

Bought 12 of Chris Archer, 5 of Nelson Cruz and plenty of lower level guys that increased just before bed last night. Not too bad.
Old 04-27-2015, 02:30 PM   #15
Rookie

Is there a Roster update every Monday? Just wondering if it's consistent
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2015, 02:48 PM   #16
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

The players in game are still showing their original overall. Not the updated overall on the card. If you hit triangle to bring up the player card it shows you what they are in game. Any word on if this will be fixed?
MLB: Chicago Cubs

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »