Home

Non star players that just perform for you

This is a discussion on Non star players that just perform for you within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2015, 11:25 AM   #41
Pro

Biizz713's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Non star players that just perform for you

A-Rod is killing it for me. started off kind of slow but now he's sitting at .237 (I have a bad connection, it's a nightmare playing dudes who mainly throw breaking balls off the plate) with 10 homers and 15 RBI in 97 at bats. I've gotten a contact swing HR down in the count 0-2 with him, it was ridiculous. not a single error in 36 games.

Just picked up Jason Heyward, started off really badly but he's picked it up. batting 2.96, 2 HR, 4 RBI and a stolen base in 27 at bats. I also bought Marte but he's been awful. I guess I have to get used to his stance, idk.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2015, 01:30 PM   #42
Rookie

Beat LA's Arena

I attribute it all to playing guys that can't hit knuckleballs, but Steven Wright has been a strikeout machine. He's only a 70 overall, but as long as he's effective for me, he has a place in my rotation.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:52 PM   #43
Rookie

Anthony Rizzo and Brian Dozier are really the only two guys that mash for me. Sat Harmin Killibrew for Rizzo . Yan Gomes is also a dependable guy for me
Old 05-20-2015, 08:31 PM   #44
Rookie

dregos's Arena

OVR: 2

Corey Dickerson has been batting 4th/3rd in my lineup for as long as I've played DD this year. There are so many right handed pitchers and he ropes them. I have him batting .410 with 25 home runs. I just won a game where he hit two clutch home runs to give me the go-ahead run both times.

Last edited by dregos; 05-20-2015 at 08:34 PM.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:49 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dregos
Corey Dickerson has been batting 4th/3rd in my lineup for as long as I've played DD this year. There are so many right handed pitchers and he ropes them. I have him batting .410 with 25 home runs. I just won a game where he hit two clutch home runs to give me the go-ahead run both times.
Same here. I'm hitting .335 with 27hrs.

Carter is hitting well for me hitting .311 and 41 hrs (hr every 15 ab) and 41 2b's. Not bad for a 76.
I've never seen a hitter have GOOD timing flash on the screen and whiff as much as this guy though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2015, 05:11 AM   #46
Pro

Biizz713's Arena

Salvador Perez is the GOAT. I will never take him off my team again, ever. was playing this guy from Japan and I hit a walkoff no doubter in the 10th onto the train tracks at Minute Maid. I didn't even get hype until I saw it leave the park, friggin amazing. and it was against a righty! he has 50 power vs RHP!
Old 06-13-2015, 02:13 PM   #47
Rookie

BentleyA's Arena

OVR: 2

Some of the guys in this thread are better than anyone on my team, haha.

With that said, I am hesitant to give away my gem. I will argue that there is not a better bang for your buck hitter out there than Justin Turner and I do not even think it is close. He is a right handed batter with a 94 contact against righties (so essentially opposite splits, even though he has a better average for me against lefties).
Through over 200 ABs for me, he is hitting in the .320's with 8 homers and 25 RBI. He leads of for me. He is only rated a 77 and a Bronze! Not a bad fielder too and can be used at short or second (naturally a 3b). OPS in the .800s for a 77 overall guy is pretty awesome if you ask me.

I will add in Marlon Byrd, but mainly just against Lefties. He crushes them. I would say probably about 80 ABs for me against lefties and is hitting .364 with 4 homers and 14 RBI against them. I don't face lefties very often though unfortunately.
I have not read the entire thread, but I am guessing someone has already mentioned Vogt. He's actually my second highest rated player on my team but he's a good power guy who has good gap power to opposite field so that can be very valuable.
MLB: Mariners/Reds
PSN: RipCityBentley
Old 06-13-2015, 03:22 PM   #48
Rookie

I've had a few:

Tommy Medica isn't on the team anymore, but he was batting over 400 when I finally removed him.

Emilio Bonifacio has over 200 at bats for me, batting over 300 with 5 home runs and tons of doubles and triples. I'm not a "bunt" guy either, and his hits almost never come cheap, hard hit line drives into the gaps.

Carlos Santana is the lowest graded starter still on my team, but he is my all time homer leader in about 150 at bats, and bats just under 300 despite his 55 contact on righties.

Tony Sipp has been untouchable for me, and I put him in higher leverage situations than Neal Cotts against lefties.

If you need a lefty besides Sipp in your pen and don't want to spend stubs, Tim Collins. Try it just once.

Lastly, in a rotation with Scherzer, Kluber, and Zimmermann, my lowest ERA on the staff belongs to Clay Bucholz.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »