Home

What should my next move be?

This is a discussion on What should my next move be? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2015, 09:50 AM   #9
Rookie

aparks87's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: What should my next move be?

Well, the only thing i see that i guess could be considered a weakness is the BP/ Otherwise...id say your team is stupid stacked lol. Not sure there's really a move to be made? Are you winning with that lineup? You should be haha.
Old 05-01-2015, 04:16 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobylovelamp
Not really. Just $100. I don't understand why people think it's a crime/funny that people pay money for this game. It happens more than you think. Same concept as Ultimate team and all the other fantasy team modes out there. Obviously my team isn't complete, because it's only a 91 overall. I was just asking for friendly suggestions on my team, not asking for people to tell me to quit spending money on it and quit the game mode completely. Want to be a jerk, do it somewhere else.
Geeshh someone is a bit sensitive. lol

That was just my honest advice. What else is there to improve? You have almost all legends and elite current players.

Not trying to be a jerk. I just dont know where you need any additions.
Old 05-01-2015, 04:19 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1108g
I'm not criticizing you spending money- because I have spent money too. I think he was implying you don't even need to upgrade anyone. You already have many of the best players in the game at each position. To answer your question, if you want o add a player, who the hell are you gonna replace? Trout? Cano? Beltre? I use Simmons at SS and I couldn't be happier. He isn't the best hitter, but still makes decent contact (more than Ozzie), and his defense is almost on par.

I had a bunch of diamond players and golds, mostly through way too many packs, but also some money spent. I sold most of them, now my lineup is 2 golds, 3 silvers, 2 legends... and it's much more fun.
I have all silvers. I have Ernie Banks, but just sits on my bench. My DD player is a diamond and I just have him in my rotation, so he only plays occasionally anyway.

I had Seager as a Gold. Zobrist as a silver (he is Gold now). And I had Cruz as a silver, I think he is Gold now.

I had Dee Gordon as a silver and he is GOld now.

I had Arenado and Rendon. Now I have Bryant.

I like to alternate players a lot. I think the best part of this mode is that it gives me a reason to spend time using a whole lot of different players from around the league.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2015, 05:46 PM   #12
Rookie

It gets old hearing "you spent money."
Old 05-01-2015, 05:46 PM   #13
Rookie

Zobrist started as a Gold, they moved his primary position to OF and he went silver, and then they changed him back and made him gold again.
Old 05-01-2015, 07:18 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobylovelamp
It gets old hearing "you spent money."
I understand that. I've spent a fair amount of money myself on packs, so I can't judge. Me, personally, I just don't understand the people who have literally every legend and diamond player already. How is that fun? I think what the devs should do for the future is have a capped head to head, and a head to head with no cap. That way the people who want to have (somewhat) realistic rosters can compete against others who feel the same way, and then the people who want to have completely stacked teams can compete against each other.

I have no problem with anyone spending their own money on a game, it's their own right. I faced 3 teams back to back to back that had the EXACT same lineup (just in different batting orders):

Trout CF
Williams LF
Stanton RF
Tulo SS
Schmidt 3B
Bagwell 1B
Cano 2B
Berra C

And each team had a diamond pitcher for the game, with Kimbrel as their closer.

Once your lineup looks like that... There's no one else to get. To me that wouldn't even be fun. I enjoy mixing in a few silver or golds in my lineup and switching them out after a few games, it keeps it interesting.

I look at it like this: buying this game and spending money to immediately have ALL the best players is like buying a game and then using a cheat code to advance to the final level. Each person has their own preference and can do what they want, I just prefer to work my way or enjoy the game for what it is.

Last edited by Matt1108g; 05-01-2015 at 07:22 PM.
Old 05-01-2015, 07:55 PM   #15
Rookie

Joeythebigboss's Arena

Icon10 Re: What should my next move be?

You're team is the definition of cheese XD
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2015, 05:59 AM   #16
Rookie

Denzel Washington's Arena

OVR: 2