Home

Very Good/Star players that you just CAN'T perform with

This is a discussion on Very Good/Star players that you just CAN'T perform with within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2015, 07:43 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 55
Re: Very Good/Star players that you just CAN'T perform with

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55
I suck at hitting with Mike Trout. I think I'm hitting .133 with him after 30 games or so.
I've turned it around with Trout and he is crushing as of late. I moved him out of the 2 hole and have him leading off now and he is hitting so much better. He has 7 homers in the last 12 games for me.
Old 05-31-2015, 08:15 PM   #34
Rookie

Dag_BoomStick's Arena

OVR: 0

George Brett. Wish I never completed his collection. I had Schmidt at 3rd and overall was one of my best hitters. I had heard a lot of positives about Brett destroying rightys and at the time Schmidt was striking out a bit much vs righties. I started Brett over scidt vs righties for about 25-30 games. Brett only hit .201 2 hr and 5 rbi. On top of that I lost a few games bc Brett just let the ball right by him into left field and his defense just scared me compared to Schmidt so I'm done with Brett.
Old 05-31-2015, 09:35 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 4

I was hitting about .180 with trout after about 10-15 games and thought wth was I thinking when Adam Jones was playing great, but now after about 40-50 more games I'm hitting .358 with him and I'm not looking back. I'm 1800-1900 rating wise during that span aswell. Think he just takes some time to get used to. On the other hand I picked up Harper like 2 weeks ago and hitting like .250 with 6hrs, but cant seem to get it going with him. I was crushing it with Floyd. Think thats because people see the big zone and cold upper zones and I destroy the up and in fastball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2015, 09:39 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag_BoomStick
George Brett. Wish I never completed his collection. I had Schmidt at 3rd and overall was one of my best hitters. I had heard a lot of positives about Brett destroying rightys and at the time Schmidt was striking out a bit much vs righties. I started Brett over scidt vs righties for about 25-30 games. Brett only hit .201 2 hr and 5 rbi. On top of that I lost a few games bc Brett just let the ball right by him into left field and his defense just scared me compared to Schmidt so I'm done with Brett.
Sorry for two in a row, but man I have George in the 2 hole behind Trout and in front of my created player and I'm hitting right around .360 with him and had him for 110+ games. Only have 10 or so home runs, but that dude rakes for me in that spot. I never leave him in against lefties, but man dude just gets on base for me.
Old 08-03-2015, 01:03 AM   #37
Rookie

smokestakblack's Arena

i didnt have much luck with ted williams. one seems to have to flash his bat too much. brought too much guessing into the game

justin upton hit some homers for me, 3 in one game, but i overall lost confidence in him avg wise. i miss his bat, but am getting way better average outta trout

dante bichette had some strange at bats for me. being an ex-bum he probably needs to get some ab's to get things going, but i dont have a spot for him

as much as i wanted a good fit, giancarlo stanton didnt work out too well. he kept sorta power choppin at the ball

bagwell gave up before i ever got to use him. said he wasnt much of a fan or some ish. i never routed for him during his career, but was collecting legends and thought i'd give him a try. i dont have a real solid right handed first basemen. keep going with edgar martinez. he's not bad, but a little unconventional. btw, is it me or is bagwell's stats way over inflated. i dont remember him being that good
Old 08-03-2015, 02:34 AM   #38
Rookie

Could not hit for **** with donaldson or frazier at third. something about their stances bothered me. I rake hard with machado and arenado though
Old 10-08-2015, 10:58 PM   #39
Rookie

FindingTim's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
I cannot hit with Robinson Cano for some reason.
I've never hit with Cano, but as an opposing pitcher he is terrifying. Something about his stance makes it feel like every part of the strikezone is hard contact waiting to happen.

A couple months ago I opened up Mike Trout in a standard pack (whoopie!) but I can't get it going with him. The average is around .275 but the power is lacking. His OPS is around 700.

And then there is Chris Davis. It is hopeless. A lot of times I will guess the exact pitch and location, set up the PCI there, and it doesn't matter. Davis ends up looking completely fooled even though I predicted exactly what was coming.

------

As for pitchers, I have Price as my ace and then a bunch of good but not great pitchers. Price has an ERA over 4.50, but Jaime Garcia, Carlos Martinez, Mark Buehrle, and Hector Santiago all have sub 2.50 ERA in around 75 innings. In the bullpen, Randy Choate is absolutely lights out. Slider on the outside corner is unhittable, even when I throw it 20 consecutive times.
Old 10-15-2015, 05:06 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 2

Not online. But in past versions, Albert Pujols for me.. Something about his stance

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »