Home

Who deserves an upgrade?

This is a discussion on Who deserves an upgrade? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2015, 12:18 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Who deserves an upgrade?

Some players I get to watch every night that I believe are due for an upgrade are Kolten Wong, Matt Carpenter, Matt Holliday, Michael Wacha, and maybe Jason Heyward. Only one I'm not sure about is Heyward. He's been playing great over the past week or so but I think these upgrades are a week behind. So if he doesn't get one this week then he needs on next week.

Stephen Vogt was killing it as of a few days ago. Not sure if he's cooled off or not but he had been unreal.

Dee Gordon definitely needs another bump. Guy is hitting over .400 last I saw and his low 80s high 70s contact just doesn't do him justice.

Harper could use another boost. He's been unbelievable this week.

Harvey should be due for a boost as well. He and Altuve will probably be the first Gold to Diamond players of the year.

Some due for a downgrade are McCutchen, Kershaw, Beltre, Cueto and Sabathia.
Old 05-11-2015, 12:24 AM   #10
Pro

Hoping for a Johnny Giavotella rating boost tomorrow. He might not be an 80 yet but he is not a 61 right now.
Old 05-11-2015, 01:07 AM   #11
Rookie

Denzel Washington's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLMAN93
Some players I get to watch every night that I believe are due for an upgrade are Kolten Wong, Matt Carpenter, Matt Holliday, Michael Wacha, and maybe Jason Heyward. Only one I'm not sure about is Heyward. He's been playing great over the past week or so but I think these upgrades are a week behind. So if he doesn't get one this week then he needs on next week.

Stephen Vogt was killing it as of a few days ago. Not sure if he's cooled off or not but he had been unreal.

Dee Gordon definitely needs another bump. Guy is hitting over .400 last I saw and his low 80s high 70s contact just doesn't do him justice.

Harper could use another boost. He's been unbelievable this week.

Harvey should be due for a boost as well. He and Altuve will probably be the first Gold to Diamond players of the year.

Some due for a downgrade are McCutchen, Kershaw, Beltre, Cueto and Sabathia.
Johnny Cueto for a downgrade? You kidding? Matt harvey has been performing true to his overall. He hasn't been worthy of an upgrade, hes gonna need ot do more to be moved up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2015, 01:21 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLMAN93
Vogt is still slugging away, as is Reddick. In my opinion, they both need some boosts too. As ugly as the rest of the team has been to watch (BULLPEN, ERRORS), these two, along with Gray, Kazmir and Jesse Chavez have been bright spots.
Old 05-11-2015, 04:12 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denzel Washington
Johnny Cueto for a downgrade? You kidding? Matt harvey has been performing true to his overall. He hasn't been worthy of an upgrade, hes gonna need ot do more to be moved up.
He is obviously a Cards fan so he will never give Cueto credit.
Old 05-11-2015, 04:30 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denzel Washington

Admittedly like the guy in here said I am indeed a Cardinals fan and while I don't care for Kung Fu Cueto I respect him as a great pitcher. However with a 3-3 record and a 2.98 ERA I find it hard to believe a pitcher that goes 15-15 through the whole year would be rated a 92 the following year.

As for Harvey, you say he's been pitching to his rating yet he's a 91 and is 5-1 with a 2.72 ERA. If this is only worthy of a 91, wouldn't that mean Cueto is obviously not worthy of his 92? If Cueto stays the same that's fine, but Harvey then needs a boost. If Harvey stays the same then Cueto needs to go down.

Just my opinion. You can't like it or you can hate it. It's your opinion which you are entitled to as am I.
Old 05-11-2015, 06:12 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 55

Cueto's 0.87 WHIP and 5.9 K/BB ratio are enough to see that he absolutely does not need a downgrade. He's perfect right where he is.

As far as upgrades, this is the week where Freddie Freeman should go gold. I just bought 10 of his cards for around 1500 each so I hope he sells for at least 5k after the update.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2015, 07:44 AM   #16
Rookie

Harvey went to diamond. Andrealta simmons to gold. Hosmer to gold. Lind, Pineda, Reddick with minor upgrades. All I've noticed so far

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »