Home

DD created player rating

This is a discussion on DD created player rating within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2015, 05:07 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
DD created player rating

Has anyone managed to reach 99 everything for his created player? I'm close to having every hit/def rating 99, probably in 4-5 days I will have that done and then I will try upgrading my pitching. Also I have some Qs:
-Durability does not upgrade at all. Is everyone's 44 as well or does it get set at random when you start?
-Regarding pitching upgrades. Velocity,control and break for each pitch, do they upgrade according to the name of the pitch or according to the pitch type number.
eg I have set pitch 1 as fastball, 2 as changeup, 3 screwball, 4 forkball and 5 cutter. Do I have to find a screwball pitcher to upgrade my scr pitch or do the guys' pitch 3 vel,ctr and break boost my screwball? If the latter is the case then it's better to use guys with 5 pitches to feed to my player, right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2015, 06:27 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: DD created player rating

To your first question, durability can't be upgraded.

Every created DD player has something like 44 durability.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:12 AM   #3
Rookie

nmplayer's Arena

Yea mine is 99 everything except durability as stated above a d he's got 98 pitching clutch, 98 on both hitting powers and a very weak 96 on bunting lol.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:18 AM   #4
Rookie

nmplayer's Arena

And the answer to your question about pitchers is no... you only need o find ones to upgrade velocity pitching clutch etc...not specific to pitch attributes. It's honestly a waste of cards though imo. If I could do it again I'd never train mine in any kind of pitching. First of all even though his is 99 in bassicly all pitching skills, I'd say he pitches at around though he high eighty a level (all my pitchers are 90 plus and even Matt Harvey when he was 92 ovr was pitching better than him). That being said he is a really solid home run hitter and when I play him there I can guarantee him in the game for def and offence a ton. Compared to maybe pitching and then maybe like pinch hitting him as a pitcher. Just a waste. Honestly I'd say the most helpful hung about him is just having a player who can llay any position with 99 ovr fielding skills... I switch gum between third and short now and he's and beast. Never an error.
Old 05-17-2015, 09:56 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmplayer
And the answer to your question about pitchers is no... you only need o find ones to upgrade velocity pitching clutch etc...not specific to pitch attributes. It's honestly a waste of cards though imo. If I could do it again I'd never train mine in any kind of pitching. First of all even though his is 99 in bassicly all pitching skills, I'd say he pitches at around though he high eighty a level (all my pitchers are 90 plus and even Matt Harvey when he was 92 ovr was pitching better than him). That being said he is a really solid home run hitter and when I play him there I can guarantee him in the game for def and offence a ton. Compared to maybe pitching and then maybe like pinch hitting him as a pitcher. Just a waste. Honestly I'd say the most helpful hung about him is just having a player who can llay any position with 99 ovr fielding skills... I switch gum between third and short now and he's and beast. Never an error.
Yeah I was playing him at 2B and he was the best defender I have ever used. Then I got Pedroia and switched him at C, but his throws to catch steal attempts are not what the 99 ratings suggest, so now that I got Yadier he's going back to infield and SS. His hitting has been excellent, even when he was 90 contact 82 power.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2015, 09:59 AM   #6
Rookie

It would be interesting to know how many stubs have gone to feeding that beast. Although it mainly was 2-50 stub-players, they were so many I believe I have spent more than 50k.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »