Home

Official list of "Lag Switchers" - add ID

This is a discussion on Official list of "Lag Switchers" - add ID within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2015, 03:52 PM   #17
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Official list of "Lag Switchers" - add ID

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScouserHUN
It's not about how fast Internet connection you have, it's about the distance between the two players. I have 14ms ping with servers in Budapest, Hungary but I have 300ms ping with servers in the US.

You just can't do anything about that...
That is why I've also mentioned the geographic separation.

300ms seems quite a bit slow though; perhaps the routing does matter a lot more. Depending on the playing time I've often get matched up against people in Japan and S. Korea, and I don't usually have lag issues with them, but it's still a bit laggier than playing against guys with decent connections in the U.S. Their internet is much faster than the services available in the U.S. though, so clearly things like geographic separation matter.

And I don't want people to get accused incorrectly for things that they don't have control over.
Old 05-18-2015, 03:52 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charrami
AverageRageGamer, lag switching with Dickey on the mound....

I watch this guy play on twitch, never seen him doing anything like this, he's not that good to begin with and doesn't win very often either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-18-2015, 06:04 PM   #19
Rookie

Had a no hitter going in 5th inning and was up 3 nothing when i doubled in 2 more runs and game immediately blue screened and I came back and of course I had the loss. Not sure if my opponent caused it but it seems a bit suspicious that it happens as soon as i start to crush him.

I've had about 5 disconnections in games that I was winning and ended up getting the loss in all of them. None of the disconnects were caused by my internet connection, they were all related to the game blue screening or simply disconnecting me for some reason.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:34 PM   #20
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

This thread can become a slippery slope of people posting games that are just laggy or games where people just had a hard time hitting against an opponent.

Someone posted a video on youtube a while ago and claimed their opponent was lag switching. All the video showed was that they were constantly late on high fastballs popping them up. No lag switching, everything looked normal.

Like said above if you post someone's username you better provide video evidence. Mob tactics are dangerous on the internet so be sure you are correct before you call someone out. What if everyone who sees this thread then goes into their game history and starts reporting the usernames listed if they played them before without knowing for sure if they were actually lag switching?

Just be careful. I've been accused of cheating numerous times by salty opponents and I've likely done the same at some point. I had to take a screenshot every game of my hitting view in catcher and using zone so people would back off when accusing me of using the pitcher view for example.
Old 05-18-2015, 07:29 PM   #21
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

Apart from the popularity increase this year, I'm guessing one of the other reasons we are seeing more of this in MLB15 is because these "people" probably didn't even want to bother with doing this last year because the product was too unstable to muck with network in the first place.

Can you really tell when someone is intentionally disrupting the network, though? I've encountered times where the ball would be coming in and then it would warp to another spot on the screen. I'm thinking this is an anomaly rather someone intentionally causing it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2015, 09:03 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

People need to be careful and selective when posting. Here's a good example before I knew what was going on:

I was playing a guy, and every 2 strike pitch he pitched me would lag so I would strike out. Yet when I would pitch to him it was perfectly fine. When I would manage to hit the ball, when it was a perfect gap hit to the outfield it would suddenly lag and I would be called out or not have the opportunity for eSATA bases. Yet when he had a base hit himself it would never lag. It was like clockwork. This went on for the entire game. Video of repeated patterns is what's needed. The PS4 makes it really easy to record and upload this kind of video. The PS4 crashing is also not a good indicator of lag switch abuse, in those cases just take it as is. I've had the game crash way to many times when playing by myself or even drafting my own team.

The lag switch is not something that causes a brief or constant 300 ms latency. Game handles that just fine. Lag switch creates a lag spike between 1000-4000 ms. The problem with some game net code is the person who creates the lag dominates the game result. ie. Person with good connection hangs while waiting for lagger to catch up. Lag abusers don't expect you to stick with the game so it is super easy to catch repeated patterns of abuse during multiple innings.

Last edited by japinard; 05-18-2015 at 09:18 PM.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:28 AM   #23
Rookie

Have you checked out my video? That paired with a quick look at his record/recent games/scores makes it pretty clear.

What exactly can you/others you are working with do? Are you exaggerating what you can exactly do in terms of bans? Is this just another "look out for these guys" thread?
Old 05-19-2015, 11:42 AM   #24
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmericanBA
Have you checked out my video? That paired with a quick look at his record/recent games/scores makes it pretty clear.

What exactly can you/others you are working with do? Are you exaggerating what you can exactly do in terms of bans? Is this just another "look out for these guys" thread?
That's a clear case of deliberate lagging and a video like that is clearly a decent piece of evidence.

I think he is now actually banned from playing at all; his record has recently been cleared as well. SDS has done those things before.

You can also try to add those names to your block list so that you won't get matched up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »