Home

Worth paying 4Nolan ryan

This is a discussion on Worth paying 4Nolan ryan within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2015, 04:12 PM   #1
Rookie

Joeythebigboss's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon5 Worth paying 4Nolan ryan

How much do you think nolan ryan is worth as a stand alone card like if you wanted to buy him off the market ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2015, 05:45 PM   #2
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Worth paying 4Nolan ryan

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I imagine it would be cheaper doing the collection. I say this without even checking Ryan's price.

A few minutes ago the highest buy order for Beltre was 5000! This didn't last very long, though
Old 05-18-2015, 05:59 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Yu Darvish's 90 overall rating won't be dropping anytime soon since he's injured and needs surgery. But his price might go down if he's ever included in a special weekend card pack (unlikely though, due to his injury).

Adrian Beltre has rebounded a bit from his slow start to the season, but he could still drop down to a gold card any week now, since his current overall rating of 93 is the lowest possible in the Diamond tier. As soon as Sony makes him a 92 overall or below, Beltre will be a gold.

So I wouldn't do the Texas collection until Beltre goes down to gold, but if you can get Nolan by himself for 15K or so, then I'd say that's worth it for one of the best pitchers in the game, especially since legends have no chance of ever having their ratings drop.

Nobody's scored an earned run on me yet in Nolan's three starts for my team so far, and two of those three opponents have rage quit before the fourth inning.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:30 PM   #4
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Darvish and Beltre's values will likely remain high for a while, or indefinitely since they will always be required for Ryan. Look at Ortiz, he is still selling for around 20k+ since you get Williams.

Sometimes the buy orders fall rapidly, but that is likely due to someone cancelling their orders and not cards being sold. Very few people are dumb enough to sell at 5k when the sell orders are at 20k+. If you are lucky someone hits sell now on accident maybe.

If you want a player go get them. Flip some cards until you have enough and buy them or complete the collection. It's a video game. The whole waiting on investments or waiting for prices to drop to me is strange. You are wasting time by not being able to use the players you want. Similar to actual MLB player values, the longer you wait to make a deal the lower value you get out of that player. Say you wait two weeks to get Ryan, well that's two weeks you didn't get to use Ryan.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »