Home

After three days of H2H competition...

This is a discussion on After three days of H2H competition... within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2015, 03:09 PM   #25
Pro

Biizz713's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: After three days of H2H competition...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeff
I'm pretty sure I played you. Do you have Brett, and play at KC's field? I don't remember who won etc. I just remember seein Bo
nah, my only golds are Marte who I just bought and Votto who I got in the returning player pack. everyone else on my team is worth less than 1000 stubs a piece.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2015, 06:55 PM   #26
Rookie

Have you guys actually been able to consistently play games? I had no problem until this weekend but monday all of my games got lost in the queue and now I get a "You have lost connection with PSN" message in every head to head game I play before the second inning is even over. It isnt my internet connection from what I can tell as I can still play online games (Like Destiny or 2k) just fine. *sigh* I just want to use the two new golds I just pulled.
Old 05-20-2015, 10:07 PM   #27
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

I'm starting to feel a little embarrassed for the player base of The Show because as someone who play the game I am included in that base. The game is getting notorious with cheesers, lag switchers and exploiters. I watch streams of people playing other games and if The Show comes up in conversation it is instantly dismissed as being for cheating kids who's most important accomplishment in life is their rating number.

I'm around 1800 now and seriously thinking of dropping back down to the mid/low 1700s. Games were much more competitive and fun. I don't take online games very seriously, I'm usually looking at my ipad or watching a game and wasn't expecting the top players to be this bad in regards to the 'win at all costs' behavior. Now it's just lag switchers and cheesers. Every single game I play against people in the 1775-1850 range they barely play baseball. It's just bunt, steal, steal, weak chopper, run. Repeat. The game doesn't give you the tools to make the game competitive when facing people that use any and all exploits to their advantage. You can know exactly what your opponent is doing

When people face opponents that lay down 2 strike, 2 out suicide squeezes on a changeup out of the strike zone with their 99 rated DD player to win the game, they get frustrated and let others know they are frustrated. All I hear on MLB streams are how annoying the game is online with the cheesers and exploiters. That is a terrible message for potential customers to hear, but at this point can The Show ever shed that reputation?
Old 05-20-2015, 10:31 PM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
I'm starting to feel a little embarrassed for the player base of The Show because as someone who play the game I am included in that base. The game is getting notorious with cheesers, lag switchers and exploiters. I watch streams of people playing other games and if The Show comes up in conversation it is instantly dismissed as being for cheating kids who's most important accomplishment in life is their rating number.

I'm around 1800 now and seriously thinking of dropping back down to the mid/low 1700s. Games were much more competitive and fun. I don't take online games very seriously, I'm usually looking at my ipad or watching a game and wasn't expecting the top players to be this bad in regards to the 'win at all costs' behavior. Now it's just lag switchers and cheesers. Every single game I play against people in the 1775-1850 range they barely play baseball. It's just bunt, steal, steal, weak chopper, run. Repeat. The game doesn't give you the tools to make the game competitive when facing people that use any and all exploits to their advantage. You can know exactly what your opponent is doing

When people face opponents that lay down 2 strike, 2 out suicide squeezes on a changeup out of the strike zone with their 99 rated DD player to win the game, they get frustrated and let others know they are frustrated. All I hear on MLB streams are how annoying the game is online with the cheesers and exploiters. That is a terrible message for potential customers to hear, but at this point can The Show ever shed that reputation?

You said you dont take online games very seriously, yet you just made a 3 paragraph post ranting with all your thoughts about it.... lol

I dont think anyone gives a **** what the reputation of online gamers is. None of that **** matters to anyone except you fools who play it.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:29 PM   #29
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cts50
You said you dont take online games very seriously, yet you just made a 3 paragraph post ranting with all your thoughts about it.... lol

I dont think anyone gives a **** what the reputation of online gamers is. None of that **** matters to anyone except you fools who play it.
That is my entire issue. I play The Show to relax. I quit games if it's laggy or if I'm annoyed by the other player. I don't take the individual games seriously. What I do take seriously is where the franchise goes. Out of any video game I spend most of my time with The Show every year and care where it goes.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:41 PM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
That is my entire issue. I play The Show to relax. I quit games if it's laggy or if I'm annoyed by the other player. I don't take the individual games seriously. What I do take seriously is where the franchise goes. Out of any video game I spend most of my time with The Show every year and care where it goes.
I get what youre saying, but The Show has never made online gaming a priority anyway. The reputation of other online gamers who dont play sports games doesnt really matter to me.

Until they give me reason to think otherwise, MLB The Show has my full confidence that they will continue to improve (or attempt to improve) each season.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:55 PM   #31
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cts50
I get what youre saying, but The Show has never made online gaming a priority anyway. The reputation of other online gamers who dont play sports games doesnt really matter to me.

Until they give me reason to think otherwise, MLB The Show has my full confidence that they will continue to improve (or attempt to improve) each season.
The people who give The Show a bad wrap are sports gamers. The online in The Show has always gotten a bad wrap, but this year it is more for how the game allows certain behavior more than just general brokenness.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2015, 01:11 AM   #32
Pro

I've faced the same guy like 5x now, all wins, who has Gordon, Hamilton, Young Jr, Ellsbury, and his created guy all in his lineup. His lineup never changes, and he tries to bunt and steal all game long.

Another guy I played had an OF of Hamilton, Marte (when he was 96 speed), Ellsbury (when he was 95 speed), with Young Jr. at 2B, Gordon at SS, and his created guy. That's 6 guys over 90 speed. lolllllll

Absolutely everybody has Watson and Neshek in their pen. I can't hit Watson, but I ****ing love teeing off on Neshek. Home run central. It's that much sweeter walking off on that cheeseball.

Then you've got the idiots playing guys ridiculously out of position and yet the game doesn't penalize them. Meanwhile my true SS is airmailing throws 16 rows deep. I've seen 3B Goldschmidt, 2B Rizzo, 2B Killebrew, CATCHER DAVID ORTIZ...never any errors. Reyes at short? Tapped ball back to my pitcher? SHIPPING THAT BABY FIRST CLASS.
edit: I hover around 1850-1910.

Last edited by VoItage; 05-21-2015 at 01:15 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »