Home

After three days of H2H competition...

This is a discussion on After three days of H2H competition... within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2015, 06:04 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: After three days of H2H competition...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fours
Another quality humblebrag post, lol.. I have no idea how posting your lineup, complete with platoon info had anything to do with your point..

There is no difference at all between bunt/steal cheese, and pay-to-win/MLB15 full time job dream teams. You're the same guy, you're both putting max effort into "beating the game", not enjoying baseball. When a team like mine, about half gold, half silver plays a dream or cheese team, they both provide the same terrible, waste of time experience.

It should be as simple as an option that excludes you from playing teams with legends on them, and show the other users bunts per game in the match up screen. Then all the guys trying to accomplish great video game feats can cheese and rage all day, and baseball fans using the game as entertainment can enjoy it with like minded people.

I'm not putting you down for trying to accomplish great things in the virtual world of DD, keep raising that bar and I hope you make your pretend dreams come true. I don't understand the bunt/dream mindset, and you can choose to enjoy the game any way you want to, but I don't want any part of it.
So much truth in this. Dudes field a lineup of 8 dudes with PCIs that cover the entire strike zone and then talk about how great they are at the game.

You're so great, why do you need a bench full of diamonds just to pinch hit?

These aren't baseball fans. These are gamers. Enormous difference between the two. The gamer crowd are not the type of people that appreciate the finer nuances that make the sport great.

Watch the streams of pack openings. These baboons can barely pronounce the names of well known players.

Of course, you will never see games matched based on team rating or any other thing that would appeal to a higher class of baseball fan (normal baserunning, bullpen fatigue, etc.) for a few reasons, the main being money.

If they allow you to play equally rated teams, you will be less incentivized to buy a super team. They want to force you to play the stacked teams to push you to buy stubs and build equally stacked teams to move up the leaderboard.

Appeal to the lowest common denominator. Capitalism has pros and cons.
Old 05-24-2015, 06:27 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdiggity33
These aren't baseball fans. These are gamers.
The two are mutually exclusive to you?
Old 05-24-2015, 06:44 PM   #59
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55
The two are mutually exclusive to you?
There's a huge difference between the "baseball fan that plays video games" and the "gamer that plays baseball video games sometimes". Only the former appreciates the difference.
Old 05-24-2015, 06:54 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 27

To assume someone isn't a real baseball fan because they have a stacked DD team is pretty ridiculous. I know 55 and he is a huge baseball fan like myself. If having legends on teams bothers you than maybe DD isn't for you. The goal in collecting teams is to unlock the legend anyway so I don't see what the problem is.
Old 05-24-2015, 07:05 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 55

Quote:
There's a huge difference between the "baseball fan that plays video games" and the "gamer that plays baseball video games sometimes". Only the former appreciates the difference.
What did your old OS name used to be?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2015, 07:28 PM   #62
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
To assume someone isn't a real baseball fan because they have a stacked DD team is pretty ridiculous. I know 55 and he is a huge baseball fan like myself. If having legends on teams bothers you than maybe DD isn't for you. The goal in collecting teams is to unlock the legend anyway so I don't see what the problem is.
Where does it say that the goal is to unlock the legends?

What I said is above your head.
Old 05-24-2015, 07:47 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 27

Quote:
Where does it say that the goal is to unlock the legends?

What I said is above your head.
Above my head? You don't know me so don't attempt to insult me about this. It is just a damn video game. Nothing to get upset over.
Old 05-24-2015, 08:10 PM   #64
Banned

"damn video game"

You're the one upset.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »