Home

Lack of Diamond/Legend players in my team is getting to me

This is a discussion on Lack of Diamond/Legend players in my team is getting to me within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2015, 10:16 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Lack of Diamond/Legend players in my team is getting to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by berenjena
Had Nelson Cruz...sold him.Had Kuechel...sold him. Matt Carpenter...Sold him (average in the .250s) Had Gold Marte...sold him (overrated).

Had Andrew Miller...Sold him...doesn't not perform that well.

Had Lorezon Cain...Sold him as I couldn't hit with him.

Yadier Molina came with my original team and couldn't sell him...feed him to my franchise player. He became crap though.

Team:

C- Miguel Montero/Gomes
1: Morneau (Batting .330...105 RBI)....
2B: Scotter Gennett
SS: Franchise Player (Amazing player)
3B: Mike Moustakas
LF: Alex Gordon
CF: Joc Pederson
RF: Corey Dickerson

Starting pitching:

Nierko (disappointment....7 homeruns allowed in 12.2 innings)
Samardzija....really good
Shelby Miller...alright
Julio Teheran
Trevor Bauer

Bullpen is where I shine:

Brad Boxberger (A God)
Joakim Soria
A.J Ramos
Tony Watson
Joaquin Benoit
Jason Grilli
Pedro Strop

Bring a good lefty reliever in the middle of the game and you can shut me down....

I think I've made so questionable decisions to be fair.

Freeman is in my squad but not in the 25 man roster...Justin Morneau has been just too good...but is trash against lefties.
You just sound like you are bitching now.

You have played over 300 games. If you cant field a team without platoon players, then you are beyond help. Manage your stubs a little better and quit whining. Geesh.
Old 05-21-2015, 10:19 AM   #18
Rookie

Dag_BoomStick's Arena

Icon8 Re: Lack of Diamond/Legend players in my team is getting to me

I've made a solid effort to finish collections and find what works for me personally and some of those diamond players are overrated and a lot of ppl can't hit with them. Don't get me wrong my lineup is decently stacked.

Ellsbury
Carew/altuve/padroia
Dd player 99
Ted Williams
Brett/Schmidt
Goldschmidt/Gonzalez/rizzo
Hanley Ramirez/lofton
Ozzie smith/Reyes

Seaver
Scherzer
Wainwright
Price
Havey

Bullpen I change ppl in and out of but all are no higher then 91 rated. Out of all that most of it has come from flipping cards I have doubles of and finishing collections. Only real great pulls I've had have been Schmidt and Miguel Cabrera and I sold him to beef up me team in other spots. As of right now I'm 85-57 rated at 1690. All I can say is sell stuff you aren't gonna use and finish collections.
Old 05-21-2015, 10:19 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessingSpore72
What is his rating? Dont do buy now on a player send in a buy order. Speculation of a player increasing in value is risky. Obviously it can have a big pay off. But buying a player for 1500 stubs and knowing i can list him for the lowest at 2100, you can make stubs all day long
Hamels value comes from the fact that he's a top pitcher and is needed to get Mike Schimdit...

He is only this cheap because of the developer pack a couple days ago...he''ll back to around 20,000 stubs in the next week or so.
Old 05-21-2015, 10:25 AM   #20
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag_BoomStick
I've made a solid effort to finish collections and find what works for me personally and some of those diamond players are overrated and a lot of ppl can't hit with them. Don't get me wrong my lineup is decently stacked.

Ellsbury
Carew/altuve/padroia
Dd player 99
Ted Williams
Brett/Schmidt
Goldschmidt/Gonzalez/rizzo
Hanley Ramirez/lofton
Ozzie smith/Reyes

Seaver
Scherzer
Wainwright
Price
Havey

Bullpen I change ppl in and out of but all are no higher then 91 rated. Out of all that most of it has come from flipping cards I have doubles of and finishing collections. Only real great pulls I've had have been Schmidt and Miguel Cabrera and I sold him to beef up me team in other spots. As of right now I'm 85-57 rated at 1690. All I can say is sell stuff you aren't gonna use and finish collections.
Thanks man...and I agree. I've hit much better with Silver players with good batting stances than Gold players and legends in previous versions.
Old 05-21-2015, 10:28 AM   #21
Pro

Turn that money into:

Cole Hamels
Dante Bichette (Finished collection)
More complete CF in Charlie Blackmon
Yasmani Tomas (decent investment)
Kolten Wong (Hopefully it pays off with the next update)
Salvador Perez...(Finally a decent catcher)

I'm rather pleased
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2015, 10:33 AM   #22
Rookie

Dag_BoomStick's Arena

Quote:
Turn that money into:

Cole Hamels
Dante Bichette (Finished collection)
More complete CF in Charlie Blackmon
Yasmani Tomas (decent investment)
Kolten Wong (Hopefully it pays off with the next update)
Salvador Perez...(Finally a decent catcher)

I'm rather pleased
Wong was my first 2B and had him for around 60-70 games until I got padroia. He was really good for me. Batted .325 4 hr and 40 rbi with decent speed and defense. Still has out performed padroia but I platoon carew and altuve at 2nd now.
Old 05-21-2015, 10:41 AM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Hamels value comes from the fact that he's a top pitcher and is needed to get Mike Schimdit...

He is only this cheap because of the developer pack a couple days ago...he''ll back to around 20,000 stubs in the next week or so.
I am going to try and pick him up. i am not counting on him going that high again but we shall see

http://2kmtcentral.com/18/lineups/6910/teamdavis
Old 05-21-2015, 01:04 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
My record is 152-105

Rating 1720.

287 Homeruns in 257 games.

Not bad right? Wrong!

I'm fed up with being handicap against every single team in my rating rank.

Everyone seems to have a start studded lineup and insane pitching rotation? me? I have to rely in getting platoon guys, good not great pitchers and skills.

That can only get you so far though...I'm constantly having to face Ted Williams, Mike Trout, Miguel Cabrera, George Brett back to back to back to back in a lineup.

You would think that after playing almost 300 games I would have gotten a couple Gold, Diamond, or even Legend cards after the game right? No! You're wrong... don't even remember ever getting a Gold as a reward for beating an opponent with rating in the 1800s...

Is like the game is begging me to spend money on it...it's nuts. In such a high level and so many games, I should be able to be more in the field with these other players.

If it wasn't for the great performing bullpen I put up and an amazing franchise player (Without a Gold Player) I would be done for.

The mode is ADDICTING and better than ever but it has its flaws.

Either take the whole "Pay to win" stuff out of the mode or make it easier (Or rather more likely) for good players to get better cards.

Yes I'm on a 3 game losing streak and mad.

Here's my opinion. You've played over 250 games in this mode "for free" plus all of the countless other modes the game has to offer makes it WELL WORTH the $60 asking price. So they don't need to remove the "pay to win". Think of DD is a free to play add on with microtransactions, because the rest of the game is still worth the money. You can do solo and online franchise, rtts, online exibition, playoffs, mlb live, etc, etc, etc.

Ultimate Team modes are SUPER popular right now and aren't going away because the developers/publishers are making way too much money. Complaining isn't going to change anything, and if everyone had easy access to every player it would be pointless anyways. To me, as long as the core game is worth the $60 they can do what they want with DD. The latest NHL game on ps4/xb1, however, was sorely lacking in modes but still had ultimate team, which I could see pissing a lot of people off.

Regardless, bottom line is if you have the means drop $50-$100 bucks on the mode if you enjoy it. People drop $200 on a pair of pants or $500 on a purse all the time, so if getting some good players makes you happy and you can afford it there is nothing wrong with that. It also supports the developers who have been making such a great game for all these years! I've spent $150 I think and I've only played 20 games or so! I don't spend the money so I can have the greatest team and win a million games, I just LOVE ripping packs and screwing around with my lineups. It's what I enjoy.

Lastly, just a caution on "flipping cards." This is perfectly fine for people who get enjoyment out of playing the market or who can't afford to drop some cash...But for the rest people tend to forget that TIME = MONEY. If it was super easy to make thousands of stubs in minutes everyone would do it and the mode would be broken. You have to be patient, spend a lot of time browsing, and make like 400 stubs at a time...it's a snooze. One guy who responded to your post I think said he turned 10k into 20k in a few days...That's great but 10k stubs is worth like 5 bucks or something, not great for 2 days work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »