Home

Do you think it's cheating to use the new DD pitcher?

This is a discussion on Do you think it's cheating to use the new DD pitcher? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2015, 06:57 PM   #49
Rookie

PSimp21's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Do you think it's cheating to use the new DD pitcher?

So it was bush league last year in the playoffs for Dyson to steal almost everytime he was on base?

I get what you're saying about bunting, but stealing is a part of the game. I've learned to control the running game and contain the bunting game. Is it over powered? Yes. But it can be stopped and ruin someone's day. It's just not fun when you can't Stop it, which causes people to come on here and complain about cheese or bush league. It's a fantasy baseball game. It's not real life. 70-80% of the people we play on here don't watch baseball, didn't play baseball, and have No idea what They are doing.
Old 06-03-2015, 06:58 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by billydkid21
Patience is the key. No power swings. And I cheese him to death on the bases.

Go for singles. No power swings. Let some go by even if you know it's a strike. The occasional HR will come even with regular swings. If you catch the fastball, it's an automatic double or HR.

I have more trouble with Dickey. The movement seems more random with him. Niekros KB moves a lot, but the amount of break is pretty consistent except for the occasional crazy one that goes from behind your head to the strike zone last second.
That's the thing... people that know how to use Niekro are never going to throw you a fastball in the zone. Ever.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:22 PM   #51
Rookie

Gambit1193's Arena

Idk where to post this BUT some kid just quit on me and complained in a message that I need to stop throwing so many sinkers......... I was pitching with Corey Kluber...a sinker ball pitcher He quit after the first inning smh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2015, 09:15 AM   #52
Rookie

Dag_BoomStick's Arena

Finally faced gamboa for the first time. Crushed a 3 run home run on him to dead center 445ft. Ended up winning 5-3 he pulled gamboa in the 5th. Also faced niekro too last night and won 6-2. With everyone's talk about the kball still being effective I might put niekro back in one last time and give him another shot. Maybe change up how I pitch with him. I normally pitch about 85-90% kball with him and try and sneak a fastball by to give them something new to look at. Maybe I'm just catching to much of the plate with my fastballs with him but it honestly feels like the kball is the one that gets smoked and im doing all I can to pitch low and to the corners but every now and then it will float high and its right down the middle and gone. To me his other two pitches (screw and cb) are next to useless paired with the knuckball. Ppl will expect each pitch to dance around and if you throw either of those two pitches its like a knuckleball that won't be breaking left or right and they are already timed up for a slow pitch and it sometimes ends up trouble.
Old 06-04-2015, 12:54 PM   #53
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Killed a Gamboa 8-1 today. There was also a reliever he used that had a knuckler.
Old 06-04-2015, 01:06 PM   #54
Rookie

HeavySaucer's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag_BoomStick
Finally faced gamboa for the first time. Crushed a 3 run home run on him to dead center 445ft. Ended up winning 5-3 he pulled gamboa in the 5th. Also faced niekro too last night and won 6-2. With everyone's talk about the kball still being effective I might put niekro back in one last time and give him another shot. Maybe change up how I pitch with him. I normally pitch about 85-90% kball with him and try and sneak a fastball by to give them something new to look at. Maybe I'm just catching to much of the plate with my fastballs with him but it honestly feels like the kball is the one that gets smoked and im doing all I can to pitch low and to the corners but every now and then it will float high and its right down the middle and gone. To me his other two pitches (screw and cb) are next to useless paired with the knuckball. Ppl will expect each pitch to dance around and if you throw either of those two pitches its like a knuckleball that won't be breaking left or right and they are already timed up for a slow pitch and it sometimes ends up trouble.
Another placement I've had a lot of success with for the knuckler is belt high, either a couple of inches inside or outside the plate. Most of the time it will either look like a strike and break out of the zone, or look like a ball and fall in for a strike.
Old 06-04-2015, 01:11 PM   #55
Rookie

Dag_BoomStick's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
Killed a Gamboa 8-1 today. There was also a reliever he used that had a knuckler.

The guy I played that pitched niekro last also had a knuckballer in his pen. Some low level guy forget his name but I tagged him up for a run or two. This just goes to prove my point of once you get above 1700 compition you are gonna run into more ppl that can handle a knuckleballer. When I was sub 1600 i dominated with niekro. Anytime I have pulled him out against 1700+ players he will get tagged up for a few runs easy (I'm currently 1723)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2015, 02:37 PM   #56
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Yeah, I am around 1710, I can deal with the knuckler, I just don't try to kill it. I stay back on it, hit it the other way for a single.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »