Home

Inside the park home runs turning into outs?

This is a discussion on Inside the park home runs turning into outs? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2015, 01:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Inside the park home runs turning into outs?

Has anybody experienced glitchiness where you get an inside the park home run and when the next batter comes up, some of the runs mysteriously haven't counted/have turned into outs?

Played a game earlier where I had the bases loaded with nobody out. Laced a pitch off the wall in left and my opponent refused to field the ball, so I sent everyone around. When my next batter came up, only two of the runs had counted, no one was on base, and I had two outs.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't laggy fielding, as the play looked smooth all the way through and the rest of the game played fine as well. I saw this one other time, too (where a guy refused to field a ball and I came all the way around, only to have the run not count).

Just curious if anyone's seen anything similar.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2015, 01:50 PM   #2
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Inside the park home runs turning into outs?

The game suffers from unbearable lag during baserunning if the person has a bad connection or as some people suspect are lag switching.

When this happens you basically see one version of events, while the real, "true" version is happening in your opponent's game. So it may look like a gapper or a doouble off the wall and you can keep running the bases, but in reality your opponent has thrown your runner(s) out.

When this happens you have to just go base to base and if try for home runs as they don't require any baserunning. It sucks, but it's a fault with the game that everyone deals with.

The other glitch that happens is that runners on base don't get counted on home runs. This may be what you saw. I've hit several HR's where instead of 3 runs, only 2 score. Unless this fixed this in a patch. If they did I have no idea what you saw if it wasn't the fielding lag.

Last edited by MrOldboy; 05-26-2015 at 01:55 PM.
Old 05-26-2015, 01:53 PM   #3
Rookie

Yeah, I've seen that plenty of times. The rest of the game was smooth though, and there was no visible lag on that particular play.

I suppose it's possible it just got real laggy on that one play for some reason...
Old 05-26-2015, 01:59 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 55

Possible lag switcher. What was their PSN name?
Old 05-26-2015, 04:13 PM   #5
Rookie

Meh, it was probably just your regular old lag. I was thinking there might be a bug like that one where you could hit a homer with a guy on first and only score one run, but if nobody else is seeing it, there's probably nothing there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2015, 04:32 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elpolloestupendo
Meh, it was probably just your regular old lag. I was thinking there might be a bug like that one where you could hit a homer with a guy on first and only score one run, but if nobody else is seeing it, there's probably nothing there.
I've had it happen to me a few times when I was rated above 1600. Now when I see the ball get away I just stay put.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:10 PM   #7
Rookie

I've had situations where i clearly got a hit seen the ball drop even on the box score say I had a hit but I checked again a few innings later I have no hits something just weird possibly just a glitch
Old 05-27-2015, 02:47 PM   #8
Pro

kchuskey's Arena

OVR: 4

Personally... If I was playing somebody, and had a situation where it was obvious that the dude was either away from the controller, or looked as if something suddenly happened (phone call, door, heck anything) I wouldn't continue to round all the bases. I've had that happen a time or two, and the most I'll take is maybe one base, if I've already turned the corner. Seems kind of cheap. But that's just me.

"I remember a day before sliders existed, when we would play an entire season, before dinner."

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »