Home

Just won against the biggest cheeser ever!

This is a discussion on Just won against the biggest cheeser ever! within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2015, 12:08 PM   #9
Rookie

Dag_BoomStick's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Just won against the biggest cheeser ever!

If you are saying you've played the same guy what was his name. I don't remember what it was off hand bc I'm at work.
Old 05-28-2015, 12:39 PM   #10
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag_BoomStick
If you are saying you've played the same guy what was his name. I don't remember what it was off hand bc I'm at work.
Sorry. I was trying to be funny. Everyone has basically played against the same type of...person. It has grown tiresome for me but I'll keep playing.
Old 05-28-2015, 05:51 PM   #11
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Played someone today that used their DD player to pitch which I never see since it seems so cheesy. 101 MPH with a 12-6 and sweeping curve. He left him in the entire game and I scored 9 runs off him. I have honestly only seen one other person use their DD player to pitch. It just feels cheesy to make people deal with Chapman+1MPH with curveballs. Fair move, but it feels like abusing bunts and steals. I just don't like to win that way, no fun.

Was my fault for even letting them score. I've been messing with analog pitching and meter and switching between them almost every inning. Still have not figured out which I prefer.

Regarding what OP is referencing. It's just something you have to deal with. Nothing is unbeatable even if it is highly annoying. You need to adjust your play style to match theirs. For instance I don't bother that much with steal spammers now. I focus on getting the hitter out since they can't score if they can't hit and if they spam bunts and steals they likely can't hit. The devs created holes in the game that people exploit to no end because to some people online it isn't about playing the game, it's about climbing the leaderboard and they get some sort of satisfaction seeing their name higher on the list.

Last edited by MrOldboy; 05-28-2015 at 05:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2015, 03:00 PM   #12
MVP

Syce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
The devs created holes in the game that people exploit to no end because to some people online it isn't about playing the game, it's about climbing the leaderboard and they get some sort of satisfaction seeing their name higher on the list.
isnt that what DD is about though? to build a team with what players ur good with then climbing the leaderboard. because if its not then what purpose is DD if you have collected all the cards?
Old 05-29-2015, 03:32 PM   #13
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycecg
isnt that what DD is about though? to build a team with what players ur good with then climbing the leaderboard. because if its not then what purpose is DD if you have collected all the cards?
Is that all you care about? Your number and rank or do you enjoy playing the game? That is what separates the two groups of people who play online to me. One wants to win by playing a competitive game of baseball. The other only cares about their number increasing and will do anything the game allows to accomplish that, even if it compromising their own enjoyment of the game.
Old 05-29-2015, 03:49 PM   #14
MVP

Syce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
One wants to win by playing a competitive game of baseball. The other only cares about their number increasing and will do anything the game allows to accomplish that, even if it compromising their own enjoyment of the game.
actually i havent even looked at the leaderboards to be quite honest with you, so i dont really care about that. but as i said, once you have collected everyone you want or even collected every card in the game then what else is there in DD for you to do other than to work on trying to get higher and higher up on the leader board?
Old 05-29-2015, 04:21 PM   #15
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

Relying on exploits to climb the leaderboard likely won't help in the long run because those holes will be plugged up eventually. Also, you probably aren't really improving your game if you are relying on these tactics in the first place.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2015, 06:29 PM   #16
MVP

Syce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
Relying on exploits to climb the leaderboard likely won't help in the long run because those holes will be plugged up eventually. Also, you probably aren't really improving your game if you are relying on these tactics in the first place.
well for those cheesers that win everytime they dont think they need to improve their game. im hoping like you said that the devs finally fix these issues and you will then see how bad these cheesers really are when they are sent back down to earth like the rest of us.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »