Home

Finally did it!!

This is a discussion on Finally did it!! within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2015, 07:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Finally did it!!

It took more than 500 Jeff Francis cards and numerous guys for the 5th pitch ratings but here he is, a 99 everything Dynasty Player:

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2015, 07:40 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 55
Re: Finally did it!!

My Babe Ruth is 99 everything on offense and 99 everything at pitching besides his 5th pitch, which is 96 speed.

I have his pitches as 4 seam fastball, 2 seam fastball, cutter, changeup, slurve.
Old 05-31-2015, 07:53 PM   #3
Rookie

Clever, you named him Babe Ruth. Did you make him look like Ruth as well? Was these 5 pitches his actual pitches when he pitched? I can't find anything on the net about the pitches he used.
For 5th pitch velocity I used Kevin Gausman. Put 5-6 bids for him for 15 stubs each time and you will reach 99 in no time. Also Odrisamer Despaigne can help. Pitching stats are useless to me, as I will never use him as a pitcher, cause I cannot afford not playing him 80% of the time, but I did them just to get this out of my mind and focus on completing all the collections. 8 to go.
Old 05-31-2015, 08:13 PM   #4
Banned

He was a fastball/changeup pitcher who mixed in a "hard" curve so I just gave him a slurve since it is the fastest pitch with that type of break. I've never put him at pitcher yet either, but it would be fun!
Old 05-31-2015, 08:21 PM   #5
Rookie

Yeah it would be super fun pitching with him, but every time I'm thinking of trying him as a starter I'm afraid he will not get picked after several tries and I keep him as a batter.
What position do you play him? I liked him a lot as a 2B, he was a real stud in defense, nothing ever got past him. Then I tried him at C but he was not that great, ppl could still steal easily and now I have him at CF, cause I do not seem to like any OF I have (that's until I get my hands on Trout and Cutch though )
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2015, 10:12 PM   #6
Banned

I have Ruth strictly playing his natural position of RF. That 99 arm strength/accuracy has gunned down quite a few guys at the plate.
Old 06-01-2015, 12:20 PM   #7
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

My player is all 99 except for a few points in pitching. It took a lot of speedsters and a few HR hitting first basemen to finally reach the batting ceilings.

Even though all pitching attributes are basically maxed it's difficult to use him effectively, for me at least. I'm thinking the high velocity of all the pitches sort causes the pitching command (control) to falter a bit.
Old 06-01-2015, 01:52 PM   #8
Rookie

Interesting to know there are some problems with his pitching, I thought he would be lights out.
I was thinking that maybe the high velocity in off-speed pitches like curveball and changeup might not be a good thing, as the whole point of them is to mess with the batter's timing and ,for that, the slower the better. Don't know if it's really an issue in-game though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »