Home

Hot performers pack (monthly)

This is a discussion on Hot performers pack (monthly) within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2015, 02:52 PM   #25
Do Your Job

TheBigTee's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Hot performers pack (monthly)

Quote:
Originally Posted by billydkid21
What are you more likely to show off? "Just got Trout!" or, "just got Kyle Kendrick!"
Good Point. I just assumed the odds of getting a gold were less because in my case it has been so low. Disappointing to hear that it is just my bad luck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2015, 02:54 PM   #26
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Sitting back and waiting for the market to correct tonight.

I want to finish the Oakland A's so bad. I want Eck. Tyler Clippard...a silver is sitting there for 3K....that person is high.

He will come down big time.

I have tons of great cards......but I am on a mission to complete every set before MLB 16 comes out. It will be hard....but we are determined.

Plus I love Diamond Dynasty big time. Huge mode for me this year.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 06-05-2015, 02:59 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I want to finish the Oakland A's so bad. I want Eck.
If you play most of your games online, you don't want Eckersley. His fastballs aren't that fast, so they will get hammered online. His slider is his only other non-fastball pitch, and while it's a good slider, people will quickly adjust to it.

There are literally dozens of relievers in this game that are better than Eckersley, including many in the silver tier. I replaced Eckersley with AJ Ramos a long time ago and never looked back. I still use Clippard and Doolittle, though. If it wasn't for those two pitchers (and Sonny Gray), the A's collection wouldn't be worth doing at all.
Old 06-05-2015, 03:02 PM   #28
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
If you play most of your games online, you don't want Eckersley. His fastballs aren't that fast, so they will get hammered online. His slider is his only other non-fastball pitch, and while it's a good slider, people will quickly adjust to it.

There are literally dozens of relievers in this game that are better than Eckersley, including many in the silver tier. I replaced Eckersley with AJ Ramos a long time ago and never looked back. I still use Clippard and Doolittle, though. If it wasn't for those two pitchers (and Sonny Gray), the A's collection wouldn't be worth doing at all.
Thanks for the heads up. Ramos is in my bullpen. Love that kid. I will just try to get Clippard on the cheap as his price should crash down to earth in short order as a silver.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 06-05-2015, 03:25 PM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung

Some people are actually baseball fans ya know. Not everyone is all about winning at all costs. Some of us actually enjoy using guys we used to root for. Don't know about the Eckersley guy, just saying. Some of you gamers are ridiculous.

I really hope they create separate divisions for the super gamers and actual baseball fans. All you guys can steal spam and pinch hit Babe Ruth at each other while the rest of us can use teams that remotely resemble normal teams.
Old 06-05-2015, 03:35 PM   #30
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Some people are actually baseball fans ya know. Not everyone is all about winning at all costs. Some of us actually enjoy using guys we used to root for. Don't know about the Eckersley guy, just saying. Some of you gamers are ridiculous.

I really hope they create separate divisions for the super gamers and actual baseball fans. All you guys can steal spam and pinch hit Babe Ruth at each other while the rest of us can use teams that remotely resemble normal teams.
I hope so too, for obvious reasons...
Old 06-05-2015, 03:36 PM   #31
Rookie

Caucasianator's Arena

Quote:

I doubt that because he doesn't like using Eckersley because his FB is slow, that he also steal spams, or wins at any cost.
and currently stuck in Michigan, QQ.

Last edited by Caucasianator; 06-05-2015 at 03:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2015, 03:37 PM   #32
Banned

Also, Eck can be solid. You just have to use him differently. You want to live low in the zone. He has a low delivery, so if you mix it up low, it can be tough to tell the difference between a ball and strike, and he has very good control, so it's not too hard to spot it in and out of the zone once you get used to his motion.

Fastball low and in. Fastball just off outside and low. Slider low and in. Fastball low and away. Etc. Use high heat as your "off speed" as you normally would a low change, mixing it in every 6 or 7 pitches. Rinse and repeat. I promise most won't be able to hit this well after 8 innings of 98 mph up and in.

You have to pitch Eck like a change of pace guy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »