Home

How long did it take everyone to get a Gold Card

This is a discussion on How long did it take everyone to get a Gold Card within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2015, 04:16 PM   #17
Banned

TonyDanzaFan's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: How long did it take everyone to get a Gold Card

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentleyA
Thanks for the replies guys! I took some advice from earlier in the thread which I will comment on later. First, I am happy I am not the only one who has had this frustration. I did look last night and I do have 2 gold equipment cards and I think even a diamond equipment card, but thats it. I also play way too much RTTS (I know it takes a billion games to earn one card with RTTS).

A couple of other things, does anyone know if you get screwed by the stamps if you just put your PS4 in rest mode? I used to do that a bunch to charge the controller when I was not playing, but I was wondering if I would not have gotten the stamp bonus because I would not log out and then in again by doing that?

Okay onto the lineups advice.

I actually do have some of those guys but went and bought Trumbo for insanely cheap after your post. This was an added bonus too since I was moderately excited as an Ms fan about the Trumbo trade last night. Inserted him into the lineup and he has been doing pretty well. It just takes another two hits or a double to get him in from second base haha.
I have had Marlon Byrd since I first started playing, but he was struggling mightily. Since reading your post, I gave him a start against Chris Sale and he went 4 for 4 with a homer, so I think I am going to continue to give him starts vs lefties.
Based off your advice, I went out and bought Duda. I have Lind at first right now mostly (sometimes I will use Lo Mo, but I can shove Lo Mo in right field some times instead against righties and I rake with him as well. Well actually, its more like I perform at a Logan Morrison level with him, which means he bats like .260 but its exciting since every at bat he crushes the ball even if its an out, haha).
I platoon heavily, so one of my big problems is power vs lefties, especially with a first basemen. It appears Duda is not as bad as my other options vs lefties. I will let you know how I do with him.

I might look into Joc since I like him a lot. I have Cain but am just horrible with him. I really really need some speed on the base, but it does not do any good when Cain is batting like .160 for me so I might go pick up Joc to play some center or corner outfield and put austin jackson in center.

Chris Davis is very intriguing to me too at like $1800 but I am stacked at first and my infield is a mess sometimes. I will put LaStella at 3rd (good contact hitter I got for cheap), move Justin Turner over to SS (he is a machine vs righties), and I use mostly Howie Kendrick at second.
Speed and some more consistent power are issues for me.

Oh and I don't know if anyone has used Gattis but I cant even hit the ball in play with that guy for some reason haha

Thanks again!
You can actually get Davis for way less than that and he can play third as well I think it's a secondary position but I could be wrong. I have the same problem with Gattis. I literally couldn't even make contact with him. I hit better with pitchers than him.
Old 06-04-2015, 08:08 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 3

I pulled Bumgardner out of my pre-order stub packs.
Old 06-04-2015, 08:28 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 27

My first Gold card was Gerrit Cole the day the game came out.

Actually got a Gold Hyun-Jin Ryu last night as my daily login.
Old 06-04-2015, 09:56 PM   #20
Rookie

BentleyA's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDanzaFan
You can actually get Davis for way less than that and he can play third as well I think it's a secondary position but I could be wrong. I have the same problem with Gattis. I literally couldn't even make contact with him. I hit better with pitchers than him.
I will go check out Davis again. If he could play third then that would be awesome. I could find somewhere for LaStella or dump him even though hes hitting like .340 for me right now. I was hoping to maybe save up for Todd Frazier for a power bat at third but I bought 3 packs today like an idiot instead. I figured it would be more exciting that way haha.

I hear ya on Gattis. Cant even make contact and probably all my pitchers I hit better with but I also am hitting above .300 with Paxton, Taijuan Walker, and Leake. Note to other players online, dont just pipe fastballs to the pitchers every time haha.
Oh and I am currently 1-16 with Duda. Whoever suggested that to me probably jinxed me, because I am a pretty solid hitter (8-14 hits per game my last 10 games) but I cant hit anything with him yet lol.
MLB: Mariners/Reds
PSN: RipCityBentley
Old 06-04-2015, 10:07 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentleyA
I will go check out Davis again. If he could play third then that would be awesome. I could find somewhere for LaStella or dump him even though hes hitting like .340 for me right now. I was hoping to maybe save up for Todd Frazier for a power bat at third but I bought 3 packs today like an idiot instead. I figured it would be more exciting that way haha.

I hear ya on Gattis. Cant even make contact and probably all my pitchers I hit better with but I also am hitting above .300 with Paxton, Taijuan Walker, and Leake. Note to other players online, dont just pipe fastballs to the pitchers every time haha.
Oh and I am currently 1-16 with Duda. Whoever suggested that to me probably jinxed me, because I am a pretty solid hitter (8-14 hits per game my last 10 games) but I cant hit anything with him yet lol.
Sometimes it takes me 100 at bats to get going with a guy. most recently I was hitting .200 with Kipnis for his first 100 at bats. His avg is about .290 now with a handful of dingers. He's been my best hitter for the last 20 or so games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2015, 10:08 PM   #22
Rookie

IcyVegeta's Arena

About 30 seconds. But I cheated and bought 75k stubs.
Old 06-04-2015, 10:19 PM   #23
Rookie

BentleyA's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by billydkid21
Sometimes it takes me 100 at bats to get going with a guy. most recently I was hitting .200 with Kipnis for his first 100 at bats. His avg is about .290 now with a handful of dingers. He's been my best hitter for the last 20 or so games.
I definitely won't give up on him. I am really against small sample sizes and it actually drives me NUTS when the media bring up players averages against individual pitchers like 20 ABs vs one guy is considered a large enough sample size to make any sort of judgement. Massive pet peeve I have, so I definitely won't give up after just a handful of at bats. I can feel it with him a little bit though. He came close to knocking out a game winning HR the other game, so I know a hot streak is coming from him.
MLB: Mariners/Reds
PSN: RipCityBentley
Old 06-04-2015, 11:01 PM   #24
Rookie

frasety's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by billydkid21
Probably helped that he had a ratings increase too haha

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »