Home

Flipping Cards

This is a discussion on Flipping Cards within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2015, 11:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Flipping Cards

So i've just recently started to flip cards on the market to make stubs. So far i've flipped 7 cards from Anthony Rendon to Buster Posey and made 7006.25 stubs so far. While i'm happy with the results so far, I was just wondering if there was a sort of "golden" time in the week were flipping cards can give you the most profit, or if I should just keep flipping a few cards each day like ive been doing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2015, 11:57 PM   #2
MVP

MLB Bob's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Flipping Cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadpack
So i've just recently started to flip cards on the market to make stubs. So far i've flipped 7 cards from Anthony Rendon to Buster Posey and made 7006.25 stubs so far. While i'm happy with the results so far, I was just wondering if there was a sort of "golden" time in the week were flipping cards can give you the most profit, or if I should just keep flipping a few cards each day like ive been doing.
its been harder as of late because the difference in buy now and sell now has seemed to lessen. Just keep doing it and look for the gaps or get lucky a few times...and you will see it work.
Old 06-04-2015, 12:03 AM   #3
Rookie

djeternal2's Arena

Quote:
Best time? Any time tbh. I've flipped cards at 8 am, 3 am and all times inbetween. Best days are Mon - Thurs; but, you can still flip Fri - Sun. The one thing to be mindful of (and this comes with experience in flipping) is knowing when the market isn't moving or has gotten stagnant. It happened to me a couple days ago on a couple cards that I routinely flip. I noticed it taking much longer not only to sell once I bought; but, also to buy so I sold my last couple for minimal return just to make sure I didn't lose on them and backed away from the market for a day.
Old 06-04-2015, 12:07 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB Bob
its been harder as of late because the difference in buy now and sell now has seemed to lessen. Just keep doing it and look for the gaps or get lucky a few times...and you will see it work.
Yeah ive noticed not that many cards have a wide enough gap to make a good profit and the ones that do I usually get bid up on trying to buy
Old 06-04-2015, 12:10 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by djeternal2
Best time? Any time tbh. I've flipped cards at 8 am, 3 am and all times inbetween. Best days are Mon - Thurs; but, you can still flip Fri - Sun. The one thing to be mindful of (and this comes with experience in flipping) is knowing when the market isn't moving or has gotten stagnant. It happened to me a couple days ago on a couple cards that I routinely flip. I noticed it taking much longer not only to sell once I bought; but, also to buy so I sold my last couple for minimal return just to make sure I didn't lose on them and backed away from the market for a day.
So far the flipping has gotten better as the week went on. I imagine that has something to do with people trying to sell all of their cards before the packs get released, and others trying to buy cards expecting rating changes. Also is trying to flip legends a good idea? They have the largest price gap but that also makes me hesitant to try them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2015, 12:17 AM   #6
Rookie

djeternal2's Arena

Quote:
So far the flipping has gotten better as the week went on. I imagine that has something to do with people trying to sell all of their cards before the packs get released, and others trying to buy cards expecting rating changes. Also is trying to flip legends a good idea? They have the largest price gap but that also makes me hesitant to try them.
If you have the stubs & patience any card is a "good flip" if the split is big enough for you. I personally stay away from legends for flipping because I can make the same or more flipping lesser cards is less time. The exception I make is buying a card that you or others expect a big ratings jump while a pack is out like the other weekend I bought an Altuve & a Harper at 12k each. I sold Harper for 30k and missed out on selling Altuve for 28k; but, he's held steady recently around 21-23k which is still solid profit. The caveat to that method is having the stubs to invest and patience. I waited a few days after Harper hit diamond before I sold off because I figured as the quantity went down his price would rise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »