Home

Zone vs directional vs analog?

This is a discussion on Zone vs directional vs analog? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2015, 04:29 PM   #33
Rookie

BentleyA's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Zone vs directional vs analog?

Thank you for posting the videos Cardinal. I have not watched them all yet but I was curious what Kontrol Freak you recommend getting? I think it would help me out tremendously.
MLB: Mariners/Reds
PSN: RipCityBentley
Old 06-10-2015, 09:09 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 6

Haven't played this game in years. Just got the game and have played about 10 games all against the CPU. I decided to start using Zone and moved up to Hall of Fame difficulty (2-4). How do you guys pick up the Change Up? That is my biggest problem. Even with guys like Lofton and Harper I'll have swing early all day.

I also hit the warning track about 5 times a game. Last game had 6 DP's all on hard hit balls! I think its from going to HOF and just starting. Hopefully I will get used to it and have a .300 hitter.
Old 06-10-2015, 11:14 PM   #35
Rookie

Dag_BoomStick's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobUofM
Haven't played this game in years. Just got the game and have played about 10 games all against the CPU. I decided to start using Zone and moved up to Hall of Fame difficulty (2-4). How do you guys pick up the Change Up? That is my biggest problem. Even with guys like Lofton and Harper I'll have swing early all day.

I also hit the warning track about 5 times a game. Last game had 6 DP's all on hard hit balls! I think its from going to HOF and just starting. Hopefully I will get used to it and have a .300 hitter.
I only have a few guys hitting over 300

Created player .341
Ellsbury .303
Puig .311

Everyone else is hitting around .270-280 with a few higher and a few lower. Goldschmidt has been going like a mad man since his update. .292 atm up from .270.

I'd say stay on directional until you get your timing down and practice a lot with zone before bringing it into games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2015, 05:30 AM   #36
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentleyA
Thank you for posting the videos Cardinal. I have not watched them all yet but I was curious what Kontrol Freak you recommend getting? I think it would help me out tremendously.
I use CQC or the standard ps4 ones.

Youtube
Old 06-13-2015, 02:12 AM   #37
Pro

Orange Krush's Arena

Does anyone use zone hitting but with analog input instead of buttons? I'm wondering if there would be any benefits or drawbacks to using the sticks instead of the buttons on the swing.
Old 06-13-2015, 02:07 PM   #38
Rookie

BentleyA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krush
Does anyone use zone hitting but with analog input instead of buttons? I'm wondering if there would be any benefits or drawbacks to using the sticks instead of the buttons on the swing.
I tried it at first and just found it to be harder. It could be a personal thing though where it works better for some. I would think the hard part of it would probably be trying to make sure you get the contact swing to work right if you use that option at all, and I know power swing would be harder since you have to start with your thumb in the down direction on the analogue stick. It could be worth giving a try though.
MLB: Mariners/Reds
PSN: RipCityBentley

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »