Home

Just invested 10k stubs on Robinson Cano...

This is a discussion on Just invested 10k stubs on Robinson Cano... within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2015, 08:36 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
Just invested 10k stubs on Robinson Cano...

Dumb or smart? He has to eventually turn it around...right? right?

Just sold my Tanaka and Degrom (Lol) to get Cano....

Maybe this is the lowest he'll ever go?

The thing is that a right Cano is so much better than any other 2nd baseman out there.

Anyone else is thinking about grabbing Cano while he's so cheap?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2015, 10:18 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Just invested 10k stubs on Robinson Cano...

Ehhhhh...players past 30 years old who have signed massive multi year deals haven't fared well lately in baseball (see Pujols and Arod). I don't think he's as bad as he's currently playing but you'll probably never see those NY numbers again (especially in a pitchers park like Safeco).
Old 06-07-2015, 10:38 AM   #3
Banned

TonyDanzaFan's Arena

OVR: 3

As long as he starts hitting anything again I can see him becoming a diamond again. His defense is top notch, and when the slump is over his contact should go up too. I was lucky enough to sell him the day before he dropped to a gold but he was my best hitter so I bought him back the next day. He hasn't been as good quite honestly but still my best second base man.
Old 06-07-2015, 12:10 PM   #4
Rookie

Gambit1193's Arena

Kipnis and Altuve have been better and will probably stay better
Old 06-07-2015, 12:14 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit1193

I suck with them
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2015, 12:20 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit1193
Maybe in real life and attributes.

But in the game...I can't hit with any of those guys.

Cano in the other hand has the best second base defense in the game and his batting stance is pretty good to hit.
Old 06-07-2015, 05:20 PM   #7
Rookie

BentleyA's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cezar24
Ehhhhh...players past 30 years old who have signed massive multi year deals haven't fared well lately in baseball (see Pujols and Arod). I don't think he's as bad as he's currently playing but you'll probably never see those NY numbers again (especially in a pitchers park like Safeco).
While I agree mostly with the first part of your post, I disagree with the Safeco point. Safeco has been a neutral park now for the past few years (moved the walls in before the 2013 season), and plays pretty much exactly average for lefties (ballpark factors)

With nearly the same amount of plate appearances this season, his BABIP is +.048, OPS +.107, wOBA +.039, wRC+ +34 all favoring his hitting at home this year. If you would like a larger sample size, you can look at last season home vs away too and you will find +.003 wOBA, +.021 OPS, and +8 wRC+. Basically those showing that his splits home vs away are rather insignificant and correlate with Safeco as a neutral park (In fact, it has historically played to slightly favor power hitting lefties. You can look at the URL above and go back in time to see that. It was actually made that way for Griffey).

I do agree with what you are saying though about player values diminishing above 30 IF they have been in the bigs for a while (guys like Nelson Cruz who didnt get called up until their late 20s tend to hit their peak in their early to mid 30s). I do expect his wOBA to raise quite significantly over the summer and back near where he was last year (which was similar to his previous years in NY, just without the HRs. His WAR last season was 5.1 (Fan Graphs WAR), which is still pretty good.

Personally, I would not have bought his card at 10,000, especially since he is still struggling right now with inside heat due to some of his mechanics, but once he figures that out and stops drilling the ball into the ground to the second basemen, he will go on a hot streak. Basically what I am saying is hold the card and try and wait it out.
MLB: Mariners/Reds
PSN: RipCityBentley
Old 06-07-2015, 08:06 PM   #8
Banned

TonyDanzaFan's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentleyA
While I agree mostly with the first part of your post, I disagree with the Safeco point. Safeco has been a neutral park now for the past few years (moved the walls in before the 2013 season), and plays pretty much exactly average for lefties (ballpark factors)

With nearly the same amount of plate appearances this season, his BABIP is +.048, OPS +.107, wOBA +.039, wRC+ +34 all favoring his hitting at home this year. If you would like a larger sample size, you can look at last season home vs away too and you will find +.003 wOBA, +.021 OPS, and +8 wRC+. Basically those showing that his splits home vs away are rather insignificant and correlate with Safeco as a neutral park (In fact, it has historically played to slightly favor power hitting lefties. You can look at the URL above and go back in time to see that. It was actually made that way for Griffey).

I do agree with what you are saying though about player values diminishing above 30 IF they have been in the bigs for a while (guys like Nelson Cruz who didnt get called up until their late 20s tend to hit their peak in their early to mid 30s). I do expect his wOBA to raise quite significantly over the summer and back near where he was last year (which was similar to his previous years in NY, just without the HRs. His WAR last season was 5.1 (Fan Graphs WAR), which is still pretty good.

Personally, I would not have bought his card at 10,000, especially since he is still struggling right now with inside heat due to some of his mechanics, but once he figures that out and stops drilling the ball into the ground to the second basemen, he will go on a hot streak. Basically what I am saying is hold the card and try and wait it out.
I'd wait a little to buy him since he's still struggling. I sold him again earlier for around 11k because I fully expect his price to get lower than that. They might even decrease him again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »