Home

Triple Play Challenge

This is a discussion on Triple Play Challenge within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2015, 12:13 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Triple Play Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
Pretty cool. You can now earn stubs during the time you are doing a challenge. And, there's no risk in losing any stubs.

For those who haven't done it yet the bases are loaded and Pablo Sandoval bunts. Step on home plate, throw to 3B, and then throw to 1B. Not sure how these work (after the "big change") but I imagine you still earn the same amount of stubs even if you aren't successful completing the triple play.

This is a good way to earn stubs/rewards if you'd rather not devote the same amount of time working the market. I don't see myself spending the time to run the same play 99 times for a half hour, though.
Depending on how many collections you have done, you don't have too, I usually quit at half, and get 5 to 6 cards and 800 or so stubs. I think I have 15 collections done
Old 06-11-2015, 12:14 PM   #18
Rookie

Caucasianator's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntTaker14
I do it 3 times a day at least, haven't gotten anything better than a gold sponsorship. My 10 old son does it for his team pulls Bryce Harper one time, sells him to buy David Price and then pulls Price the very next time he does the challenge.
Sounds like a new chore for his allowance. Three gold cards, or one diamond and he gets his allowance.
and currently stuck in Michigan, QQ.
Old 06-11-2015, 02:04 PM   #19
Rookie

Can someone post a pic or something of this challenge in the menus? There seems to be a lot and idk which one is the right one
Old 06-11-2015, 02:32 PM   #20
Rookie

krmarks's Arena

OVR: 5

Yeah, I want to try this out when I get home from work...stupid work killing my MLB the Show time.
Old 06-11-2015, 02:38 PM   #21
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayb_270
Can someone post a pic or something of this challenge in the menus? There seems to be a lot and idk which one is the right one
I think it's on the first screen - like it is on the website:

http://theshownation.com/community_challenges
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2015, 02:40 PM   #22
Rookie

I've made out like a bandit with the Triple Play Challenge. With how easy it is to grind, I've been running it in the background while watching TV, surfing the net, etc and after a few solid days of this, I've pulled Miggy, Tulo, Stanton, Sale, Puig, Yadi, and Jose Reyes. Every other time, though, I've pulled mostly junk. The only worthwhile Silver or lower card I got was Syndergaard. The Hall of Fame difficulty one nets the most stubs. I've completed a bunch of collections and grabbed players liked Pedroia and Cole with the quick stubs.

It's incredibly boring, and I'm thinking about giving it up after a couple more goes, so I can get Hanley and finish the BoSox collection.
Old 06-11-2015, 03:17 PM   #23
Rookie

goodplanbarf's Arena

I've done it around 10 times, best cards were Rizzo and Rosenthal . its so boring, but worth it for sure. i get 1500 + stubs and around 10 cards
Old 06-11-2015, 05:01 PM   #24
Rookie

Does anyone know if the reward depends on how many triple plays you turn?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »