Home

Old 06-12-2015, 12:40 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Why ???

Why is it that every time I get a man on first or second for that matter and the next guy gets to bat and hits a single through the hole the dumb player on first or second dive back to the freaking base ? that is so frustrating even more so when your trying a hit and run argggg . Sorry if this has been asked before and I guess its more of a rant than anything
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2015, 11:20 PM   #2
Rookie

Swolecat's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Why ???

I have tried both modes baserunning and still run the bases like a 4 year old in t-ball
Old 06-22-2015, 12:00 AM   #3
Pro

Orange Krush's Arena

OVR: 2

I have no clue what you are talking about.
Old 06-22-2015, 12:51 AM   #4
Rookie

BentleyA's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krush
I have no clue what you are talking about.
I am slightly confused as well. Are you accidentally hitting R1 or something when you hit?
The only thing I have ever seen that makes me frustrated is when I rip a single through the hole on the right side with a runner on first and the animation of the runner avoiding the ball causes him to get thrown out at second by the outfielder.
MLB: Mariners/Reds
PSN: RipCityBentley
Old 06-22-2015, 03:05 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentleyA
I am slightly confused as well. Are you accidentally hitting R1 or something when you hit?
The only thing I have ever seen that makes me frustrated is when I rip a single through the hole on the right side with a runner on first and the animation of the runner avoiding the ball causes him to get thrown out at second by the outfielder.

Actually if I try a hit and run with a man on first by pressing L2 before the pitcher delivers the ball, man on first runs I hit the ball where the second baseman would have been the dude on first ALWAYS dips back and runs to first ... Double play. If I bunt, the man on first will dive back to first before I get the chance to press L1... Double play. Hit a line drive over the second baseman's head dude on first dives back to first ... Fielders choice every damn time. I'm either really bad at base running or there are fundamental flaws within the game that I haven't figured out how to work around yet.

In all the mode feels unfinished to me ! No walkups, no home run trots, no replays of any plays. now this all may be to speed up gameplay but it feels like I'm getting cheated somehow
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2015, 04:35 AM   #6
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

I've honestly only rarely seen what you are describing.

The main issues I have with baserunning are

- Forced rounding of first base creating the ability to dive and tag runners out after singles to the outfield.
- Runners constantly not keeping contact with a base, although this is mostly aesthetic, but looks silly to me and can cause you to get tagged out if somone dives and clips through the runner off the base.
- Runners on hit and runs will attempt to slide or not round the base and 2nd making 1st-to-3rd difficult even though that is why you hit and ran in the first place.
- Runner on first and ground ball through first base hole, the runner will pause to let the ball go by and make it an easy out at 2nd base. Animation needs to be reworked and sped up so that any runner can get to 2nd base on a single to right field except on rare occasion where the ball is hit very hard.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:51 AM   #7
Banned

I had it happen to me with bases loaded and my guy got thrown out at home in the bottom of the 9th in what would been a walk win but nope they all dove back to the bag for some reason. I was baffled.
Old 06-22-2015, 01:08 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
I've honestly only rarely seen what you are describing.

The main issues I have with baserunning are

- Forced rounding of first base creating the ability to dive and tag runners out after singles to the outfield.
- Runners constantly not keeping contact with a base, although this is mostly aesthetic, but looks silly to me and can cause you to get tagged out if somone dives and clips through the runner off the base.
- Runners on hit and runs will attempt to slide or not round the base and 2nd making 1st-to-3rd difficult even though that is why you hit and ran in the first place.
- Runner on first and ground ball through first base hole, the runner will pause to let the ball go by and make it an easy out at 2nd base. Animation needs to be reworked and sped up so that any runner can get to 2nd base on a single to right field except on rare occasion where the ball is hit very hard.

It happens to me daily, its the reason I don't play H2H. I havent noticed any of the things you mentioned but have noticed that on fly balls the runner on first will just stand on the bag so when the fielder bobbles the ball like they are prone to do I always get out on second lol. In all base running is a thorn in my side, much more difficult than hitting a changeup even

Last edited by BigDaddyRev; 06-22-2015 at 01:12 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »