Home

DD Umpire mistakes

This is a discussion on DD Umpire mistakes within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2015, 06:23 PM   #9
MVP

Syce's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: DD Umpire mistakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefpot
Why is there no replay challenge in dd? I've wanted to challenge more than once on plays like in op.
because the play probably wasnt even close, its just a sync issue like others in this thread have said.

ive seen plays where i hit a line drive into one of the gaps, and the next thing i know is my guy is out at first or even 2nd because from my view it looks like i split the gap and no one chases for the ball.
Old 06-15-2015, 02:37 PM   #10
Rookie

Efbomb's Arena

Missed balls and strike calls are really bad this year.

Last night, on an 0-2 count, I threw 2 consecutive curveballs, that crossed the plate and were 100% in the zone that were called balls.

One was down and over the middle. The other was up and away.

Now it's 2-2 and the next pitch, a fastball, for some reason went right down the pipe, even though I aimed down and away and was perfect on power and accuracy, for a 2 run double. I was livid. Almost had to buy a new controller if you know what I mean.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:46 PM   #11
Rookie

DD Umpire mistakes

The count was 2-2... And then he promptly hit a homer on the next pitch.

The worst part is that the third pitch was called a ball. There should be an option to turn this bull crap off

Last edited by jayb_270; 06-15-2015 at 08:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2015, 09:29 PM   #12
Pro

Biizz713's Arena

I probably would have quit before the homer if that happened to me. right over the middle called for a ball? i'm closing app.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:52 AM   #13
Rookie

Dag_BoomStick's Arena

Idk if this is coded in the game or what but I find that on a check swing on boarder line pitches it seems more likely for the pitch to be called a ball then a strike. Maybe it's just me but I've checked on a lot of pitches that came back in the zone and had them called a ball.
Old 06-16-2015, 11:26 AM   #14
Pro

Orange Krush's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag_BoomStick
Idk if this is coded in the game or what but I find that on a check swing on boarder line pitches it seems more likely for the pitch to be called a ball then a strike. Maybe it's just me but I've checked on a lot of pitches that came back in the zone and had them called a ball.
I've noticed this too, I've also noticed that if you show bunt but pull it back, you're more likely for the pitch to be called a ball. I've used this to draw quite a few walks with dee Gordon online. I'll show bunt to people, and they try to pitch around me so I can't get it down. They end up getting down in the count and then a borderline pitch goes my way because I'm showing bunt and pulling it back.
Old 06-16-2015, 11:47 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krush
I've noticed this too, I've also noticed that if you show bunt but pull it back, you're more likely for the pitch to be called a ball. I've used this to draw quite a few walks with dee Gordon online. I'll show bunt to people, and they try to pitch around me so I can't get it down. They end up getting down in the count and then a borderline pitch goes my way because I'm showing bunt and pulling it back.
I hate that crap, especially the punks who do it right when u start to wind up to mess with your pitch timing. The ducking bat goes up in down right in front of the meter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2015, 01:58 PM   #16
Rookie

Dag_BoomStick's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefpot
I hate that crap, especially the punks who do it right when u start to wind up to mess with your pitch timing. The ducking bat goes up in down right in front of the meter.
I'll be honest I'll do this but only once the other person starts doing it to me. Once had a guy do it to me through 95% of the pitches I threw. That game alone taught me to not let it bother me

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »