Home

Bunting while up by 4???

This is a discussion on Bunting while up by 4??? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2015, 02:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Bunting while up by 4???

So, I just played a guy he was beating me 4-1. He had an all lefty lineup and I pitched Shelby miller at the time. I then put in lefty Furbush and he can't hit anything. So it's the 6th inning and lofton is up and he bunts and it pisses me off. So I continue to bean his hitters until I get mercy ruled. Got a gold bat so it was worth it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2015, 03:08 PM   #2
Pro

Orange Krush's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Bunting while up by 4???

You sure showed him.
Old 06-19-2015, 03:19 PM   #3
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

I think there are more ignorant gamers out there than we realize.

I always check my opponent's tendencies before the game. It's alarming how many teams are at the 99 percentile for Drag Bunts and Stolen Bases.
Old 06-19-2015, 04:30 PM   #4
Pro

Orange Krush's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim

I always check my opponent's tendencies before the game. It's alarming how many teams are at the 99 percentile for Drag Bunts and Stolen Bases.
The drag bunt thing isn't very accurate. It has mine at the max for drag bunting but I never actually drag bunt for hits. It must just mean you bunted and got on base. I try to sacrifice bunt and get on base a lot so it puts my tendency up high.
Old 06-19-2015, 10:23 PM   #5
Rookie

Gambit1193's Arena

I mean he was batting with Kenny Lofton, a hitter who probably got loads of bunt singles in his career so I don't see the problem regardless of the score. 4-1 isn't a huge lead. Now if he was doing it with maybe some less of a runner like Matt Carpenter or something thats something else.

Either way my point is 4-1 isn't alot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2015, 11:11 PM   #6
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit1193
I mean he was batting with Kenny Lofton, a hitter who probably got loads of bunt singles in his career so I don't see the problem regardless of the score. 4-1 isn't a huge lead. Now if he was doing it with maybe some less of a runner like Matt Carpenter or something thats something else.

Either way my point is 4-1 isn't alot.
Yeah but the element of risk in laying a successful bunt in this game compared to real life is different.
Old 06-20-2015, 12:40 PM   #7
Rookie

Dag_BoomStick's Arena

The only thing there that would annoy me is seeing an all lefty lineup. I mean seriously can you just not hit a righty with a righty? I know stat wise the odds are usually better to get hits but I just laugh every time I see this. If you are gonna pull that **** I'll be more apt to bring in furnish, chapman or Doolittle earlier and seeing as you have all lefties starting (and a lot of times out of position horribly. Yes I'm the type that will at all costs play the right position for that player more often then not) I know your bench is full of righties so I'll just make you sub out the leftys you got for your righties earlier if need be then go back to my righties in the pen and leave you no one on your bench by the 7th and have your defense looking like Swiss cheese. I typically set up my lineup so no lefty hits after another lefty and same thing with righties. Only time I may overload on one side is vs a lefty starter and I still have a couple lefties in there just to switch it up. I can't tell you the number of times I've had Ted Williams up vs a lefty and they pitch him away with a slider that I take to the opposite field deep. Sure Williams average vs righties is a lot better but I can still crush a good home run with him if you bring in your lefty to face him. I love doing that bc I can only imagine the other guy thinking "but I put in my lefty to face him how did this happen" lol.
Old 06-20-2015, 03:57 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim

You do realize bunting is a legitimate baseball strategy, correct?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »