Home

Any Suggestions on Facing a Created Player maxed pitcher?

This is a discussion on Any Suggestions on Facing a Created Player maxed pitcher? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2015, 07:38 PM   #1
Rookie

BentleyA's Arena

OVR: 2
Any Suggestions on Facing a Created Player maxed pitcher?

Playing this guy right now who after the first inning put in his created player at pitcher. Its really dumb and irritating but in the first inning I was able to hit a 2 run shot off of his original starter so I am still in the game. His pitcher is maxed out on everything plus a +12 on K/9 and throws 103 from a submarine delivery.

Im not bad at hitting fast balls, but my team is rated like 80 overall so I am also not filled with amazing hitters. Am I just screwed or is there a way to actually smash this guy? I am a zone hitter btw. Oh and he is able to consistently throw strikes even though his guy is low on energy.
MLB: Mariners/Reds
PSN: RipCityBentley
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2015, 07:55 PM   #2
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Any Suggestions on Facing a Created Player maxed pitcher?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentleyA
Playing this guy right now who after the first inning put in his created player at pitcher. Its really dumb and irritating but in the first inning I was able to hit a 2 run shot off of his original starter so I am still in the game. His pitcher is maxed out on everything plus a +12 on K/9 and throws 103 from a submarine delivery.

Im not bad at hitting fast balls, but my team is rated like 80 overall so I am also not filled with amazing hitters. Am I just screwed or is there a way to actually smash this guy? I am a zone hitter btw. Oh and he is able to consistently throw strikes even though his guy is low on energy.
I mean, what you're describing is sort of an "is what it is" type of thing. When going against very intense fastballs I will tend to lean my stick up at the start of an at-bat because I trust myself to get to low balls rather than pitches up in the zone. Beyond that, with submarine guys I generally don't even look down until two strikes.
Old 06-23-2015, 08:00 PM   #3
Rookie

BentleyA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I mean, what you're describing is sort of an "is what it is" type of thing. When going against very intense fastballs I will tend to lean my stick up at the start of an at-bat because I trust myself to get to low balls rather than pitches up in the zone. Beyond that, with submarine guys I generally don't even look down until two strikes.
Nice advice. Just sort of did that and Smashed a no doubter out to left with Frazier with 2 strikes to go up 4-3 haha.
Old 06-24-2015, 01:37 AM   #4
Rookie

frasety's Arena

OVR: 0

I hope you won that game. I absolutely hate when people do that.

I faced a created pitcher who started the game and had him up to 67 pitches after 2 innings. The guy walked home two runs. If you can't throw strikes with your created pitcher, you're doing something wrong haha
Old 06-24-2015, 06:35 AM   #5
Rookie

BentleyA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by frasety
I hope you won that game. I absolutely hate when people do that.

I faced a created pitcher who started the game and had him up to 67 pitches after 2 innings. The guy walked home two runs. If you can't throw strikes with your created pitcher, you're doing something wrong haha
Yep, I ended up closing him out. It was a great feeling too since his team was far superior to mine. His original starter was Bumgarner too, so its not like he had some slouch out there. I didnt really get how his guy ran out of energy in the fifth but he kept pitching him with seemingly no effects. He was not wild and still throwing over 100.

Thats funny that you played a guy that did that and kept walking guys. 67 pitches in 2 innings is just impressively bad with anyone haha.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2015, 03:56 PM   #6
Banned

I try to wear them out. Work the count every at bat. I can get almost any player to at least 80 pitches by the 5th without even scoring. That's my base strategy. Beyond that, I cheese them to death on the bases.

If you're gong to use superman on the mound, sportsmanship goes out the window.
Old 06-24-2015, 04:16 PM   #7
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpkins77
I try to wear them out. Work the count every at bat. I can get almost any player to at least 80 pitches by the 5th without even scoring. That's my base strategy. Beyond that, I cheese them to death on the bases.

If you're gong to use superman on the mound, sportsmanship goes out the window.
What exactly do you mean by cheese them on the bases? Is this about stealing bases and/or making deceptive base running moves?

Also, even though I think it's bad strategy, using the created player as a pitcher is part of the game. It doesn't seem to be a valid reason to have bad sportsmanship.
Old 06-24-2015, 04:22 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
What exactly do you mean by cheese them on the bases? Is this about stealing bases and/or making deceptive base running moves?

Also, even though I think it's bad strategy, using the created player as a pitcher is part of the game. It doesn't seem to be a valid reason to have bad sportsmanship.
Abusing stealing is part of the game too, so by your logic, I'm not doing anything wrong either way. I'm one of those folks that think using OP'd tactics is lame (aka cheesing). If you don't think these features are OP'd, nothing wrong with that. Agree to disagree. Nobody is wrong.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »