Home

Who Has the Most Stubs on OS?

This is a discussion on Who Has the Most Stubs on OS? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2015, 05:22 PM   #1
MVP

MLB Bob's Arena

OVR: 15
Who Has the Most Stubs on OS?

Curious to compare what people have for stubs, why they stock pile and what they plan to use them on.

For me I buy and sell on the market and do so with mostly diamond and gold players. I dont have any diamond players except whats locked in my collections.

I eventually want to own every card but right now I concentrate on finishing collections and only collect enough to finish.

Whats some of the top stub totals?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2015, 05:35 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Who Has the Most Stubs on OS?

I have every player and 300K(shooting for a cool mil) in stubs hopefully it rolls over to next year.

BTW acquired this mostly by playing triple play challenges
Old 06-25-2015, 05:42 PM   #3
MVP

MLB Bob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake214
I have every player and 300K(shooting for a cool mil) in stubs hopefully it rolls over to next year.

Funny enough that was round number I was thinking about shooting for when I created the thread and was wondering if anyone else was shooting for that. I only recently started with the challenges..Havent gotten a thing for cards..commons and bronzes with silvers and gold equipment sprinkled in rarely
Old 06-25-2015, 06:02 PM   #4
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

I have about 133K and finished all collections. I don't really have the need to work the market but will put up 20 bids about once or twice a week. I'll spend stubs on promotional packs for fun just to see what I get.

I tried Triple Play once with about 15 repeats just to see what the hype was all about.

I have to say, it's a great feeling not having to spend stubs on training DD players after every game like last year.

It's also a great feeling to know that I am no longer being jipped of stubs from marketplace related exploits such as the Community Challenge thing that surfaced earlier in the year.

EDIT:
I would also like to attribute my success with two other changes this year regarding the marketplace:

1. I like the fact that team names are no longer listed in the buy and sell orders. Last year, I would get discouraged when I kept seeing the same competitors every day and then you would get into bid wars and then build an animosity towards them. This year, I can pretty much get any card I want in a short time period as long as I can afford it.

2. Doing bids every day is a lot less daunting with the 20 bid limit. It's easier to keep track of things.

Last edited by baseballsim; 06-25-2015 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Sharing more thoughts on the subject
Old 06-25-2015, 07:40 PM   #5
Rookie

frasety's Arena

OVR: 0

Holy balls, do you guys play this game more than you work or do you put money into it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2015, 07:48 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm sitting on a fat stack of 24 stubs right now . I have ten teams complete and struggle to make the right market decisions and have spent probably 100-175 bucks on stubs as well
Old 06-25-2015, 08:03 PM   #7
MVP

MLB Bob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by frasety
Holy balls, do you guys play this game more than you work or do you put money into it?
I barely play, Have played more recently because I have more time, but I go days without turning my PS4 on at all. I have the website open in the back ground of my browser and put bids in to play the market while I watch baseball, other shows or whatever. Ive actually played less this year than others. I spent a few bucks in the beginning and then learned how to buy and sell and play the market. I have made up around 100,000 stubs in a weekend before..it was the first time everyone else was complaining the whole market crashed.

That weekend I spent about 60,000 - 70,000 stubs and made a profit of 100,000 (thats getting everything I spent back and gaining an extra 100,000)
Old 06-25-2015, 08:48 PM   #8
Pro

Orange Krush's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake214

I would say there is a 99.99 percent chance that those stubs will not roll over to next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »