Home

1B Situation

This is a discussion on 1B Situation within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2015, 09:05 PM   #1
Rookie

Gambit1193's Arena

OVR: 0
1B Situation

Alright so a couple of days ago I got Paul Goldy from doing the double play challenge and today I just finished the Astros collection and got Bagwell. My first basemen is Rizzo since he catches lefties and helps picking off these annoying base stealers.

So I'm making this topic cause I want to know if its worth it to lose having a lefty catching first basemen who makes it easier to pick people off to have Bagwell or Goldy at first ( I have both on my bench and I'll likely go with Bagwell at first if I'm convinced to just forget about having a lefty catching 1B).

Also I don't do the platoon life. I simply just end up looking for another match up when it says I'll be facing a left handed pitcher. Sometimes when it takes to long to find match ups i'll just face the lefty if it comes to that. But yeah, need help here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2015, 10:52 PM   #2
Rookie

frasety's Arena

Re: 1B Situation

You're one of those arseholes that backs out just cause a lefty is up eh? You're the worst.
Old 07-07-2015, 10:57 PM   #3
Rookie

Gambit1193's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by frasety
You're one of those arseholes that backs out just cause a lefty is up eh? You're the worst.
Yes, yes I am. Maybe if the game would give us the option to set our lineups against LHP's when you go into your squad I wouldn't have to do that.

To lazy to switch out my lineups when my opponent doesn't even give me the time to do so since they end up switching out themselves from how long it takes to change your lineup.
Old 07-08-2015, 07:33 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit1193
Yes, yes I am. Maybe if the game would give us the option to set our lineups against LHP's when you go into your squad I wouldn't have to do that.

To lazy to switch out my lineups when my opponent doesn't even give me the time to do so since they end up switching out themselves from how long it takes to change your lineup.

It really doesn't take long, most people stay in the screen
Old 07-08-2015, 12:01 PM   #5
Rookie

It may take me 6 seconds to switch to my LHP lineup if I take 3 of those seconds to take a drink of my beer.

Insert Altuve, insert Schmidt, take a swig, insert McCutchen. Yup, 6 seconds.

Last edited by Socal; 07-08-2015 at 12:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2015, 03:00 PM   #6
MVP

ph33's Arena

I've set up my lineup in a way so that I can make changes pretty swiftly and keep them in the same place in the lineup, although the only two positions I do this at are at 3B (Brett/Schmidt) and C (Berra/Bench)

I've thought of having a lefty first but I love my Miggy too much.
Old 07-08-2015, 04:32 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 3

Unfortunately, this topic is going to devolve into a platoon argument. I wish SCEA had made it so that you can set your RHP/LHP lineups prior so that people don't back out when you start subbing players. It happens way too often.

I have no answer to your original question. Decide whether you want to sacrifice the ability to stop steals for an all star 1st baseman. I rather stop someone from abusing steals.
Old 07-08-2015, 07:10 PM   #8
Banned

TonyDanzaFan's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
I've set up my lineup in a way so that I can make changes pretty swiftly and keep them in the same place in the lineup, although the only two positions I do this at are at 3B (Brett/Schmidt) and C (Berra/Bench)

I've thought of having a lefty first but I love my Miggy too much.
I do the same thing. I don't notice a difference with lefty first basemen. I use goldy mostly but have been trying out other options. I suck with will Clark, pujols, fielder, bagwell. I've actually found Edwin to be solid but you can't go wrong starting goldschmidt considering he hits right handers well and destroys lefties.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »