Home

Who shall my RF be?

This is a discussion on Who shall my RF be? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2015, 02:51 PM   #9
Banned

TonyDanzaFan's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Who shall my RF be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biizz713
Stanton can actually catch the ball. Harper will drop pop flies at LF where they have him by position, good friggin luck with him in right. to me like 90% of the RFs are unusable because of catch rating. imo it's Stanton, Springer, Heyward, or bust if you want an actual RF. I actually think Chris Davis has like 84 fielding so I would add him to the list.
He also has 39 speed which makes him unusable. You can't drop a ball if you can't even catch up to it. People are underestimating Harper's effectiveness. I use him in right and I use him in left. He has sufficient speed, sufficient arm strength and I very rarely miss fly balls with him. Plus he rakes. He deserves to be a 99. Buy him now before it happens. I tried Stanton but he's slower and I personally couldn't hit with him except against righties.
Old 07-19-2015, 09:02 PM   #10
Rookie

Hunter Pence
Fielding 81 Arm Strength 87
Arm Accuracy 65 Reaction 85
Old 07-20-2015, 09:08 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

So far I have used Stanton, Heyward, Cespedes, and Reddick.
I struggled with Stanton and sold him to stock up on pitching, Heyward was pretty solid until they downgraded him. Cespedes was great but is right around his real world numbers now. Which brings me to Josh Reddick who has been lights out putting up equal numbers to Harper in my line-up and won't cost you anything defensively in right. Rumor is Harper is going to RF so this may change now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2015, 09:16 AM   #12
Banned

TonyDanzaFan's Arena

Harper has been upgraded pretty significantly so I'd just go ahead and get him now.
Old 07-20-2015, 11:09 AM   #13
Rookie

I like a big hitting zone and great defense so I base a lot of my choices on Contact+PVIS & Fielding. I also think Clutch is important to drive in runs.

That being said, I've used Harper and even with his current upgrade I'll pass. His 59pvis & 71bclt combined with a 69fld is not worth the risk.

I use Al Kaline against RHP & LHP and have been more than satisfied. A 96pvis combined with a 97fld equals no dropped balls & a fat hitting zone.

Even against RHP Kaline's Contact+PVIS beats Harper's 174 to 138. Clutch is closer, 79 to 71 but Kaline is still slightly higher.

In the end tho it all comes down to who you are comfortable with because I can't hit with Brett or Carew to save my life.

Last edited by Socal; 07-20-2015 at 11:13 AM.
Old 07-27-2015, 04:29 PM   #14
Rookie

smokestakblack's Arena

reddick against righties. he is hitting over .300 for me and hits homers quite often.

andre dawson against lefties

starling marte against lefties

either one could benefit you greatly. marte hits lights out in this game.
Old 07-27-2015, 06:42 PM   #15
Rookie

Beat LA's Arena

I use Harper, and have finally figured out the swing timing for him. He is a monster, and ever since the upgrade, he mashes lefties as well. I haven't had a problem defensively with him, and feel like he's the best option...at least for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2015, 08:56 PM   #16
Rookie

Gambit1193's Arena

I picked up both Stanton and Harper before the upgrades. Was gonna just try them out both but decided to keep them both. Left Harper in LF for now till whenever I get Trout. When that happens I'll move Harper to RF, Stanton goes to my bench, Trout starts in CF and Gardner will move to LF (Don't think I'll ever take Gardner out of my lineup lol been to good at leadoff for me.)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »