Home

Bryce Harper or Ted Williams?

This is a discussion on Bryce Harper or Ted Williams? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2015, 12:03 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
Icon5 Bryce Harper or Ted Williams?

After playing 400 games.

I just recently discovered the "Triple Play challenge"...wow.

I got a Goldy in my second try...awesome... but I don't need him and just sold him. I got Rizzo there...who happens to be a God at 1st base.

My outfield consist of Pederson LF (Probably my most consistent player), Adam Jones CF....and Chris Davis or Reddick RF.

With the stubs I got from Selling Goldy (along with some stubs I already had)...I have the unique option of Buying a Harper Straight Up or grabbing Pedroia/Ramirez and finally get my Teddy.

Any recommendations?

If I get Harper, he would go to RF. If I get Ted...he would go to LF, with Pederson moving to CF, and Adam Jones to RF.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2015, 12:16 AM   #2
Rookie

dta151's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Bryce Harper or Ted Williams?

Get them both. I did and you won't regret it.I had Harper from day 1 but recently got Trout and Now Williams to play left and it is just awesome to look at my lineup screen and see that outfield of LF Williams CF Trout RF Harper . I dont even have to play to enjoy it but Harper has been the best for me from the start but Rizzo is my 1B also and he is great too. I just got Williams so I cant say if he is better than Harper yet but why have to pick one. Keep playing the DP challenge or TP challenge and you will be able to get both
Old 07-28-2015, 12:35 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dta151
Get them both. I did and you won't regret it.I had Harper from day 1 but recently got Trout and Now Williams to play left and it is just awesome to look at my lineup screen and see that outfield of LF Williams CF Trout RF Harper . I dont even have to play to enjoy it but Harper has been the best for me from the start but Rizzo is my 1B also and he is great too. I just got Williams so I cant say if he is better than Harper yet but why have to pick one. Keep playing the DP challenge or TP challenge and you will be able to get both
Thanks!

I'm honestly tired at this point of playing with Gold/Silver players.

I got to a 1950+ rating like this but fell into a slump and now my rating is 1850...I want to know how it feels to play with a stud at every position.

Also...is Brett the best 3rd baseman in the game?

Is Carew a big improvement over Kolten Wong?
Old 07-28-2015, 02:29 AM   #4
Rookie

Go with both. I have them as my number 3 and 4 hitters right now with Fred McGriff right after. It's a murders row for me since for some reason i'm unstoppable with McGriff (1.200 OPS). If you could only pick 1 though I would go with Harper. He's faster (73 spd to 56 spd) and his arm is much better 65 arm to 85 or something)
Old 07-28-2015, 04:23 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by berenjena
Thanks!

I'm honestly tired at this point of playing with Gold/Silver players.

I got to a 1950+ rating like this but fell into a slump and now my rating is 1850...I want to know how it feels to play with a stud at every position.

Also...is Brett the best 3rd baseman in the game?

Is Carew a big improvement over Kolten Wong?
Some people will say Mike Scmitt (sp) is the best third baseman but Brett just hits for me most dependable player I have as for Wong anybody is a upgrade lol I cant play with Carew for whatever reason but Kipnis lights out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2015, 07:17 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dta151
I have the same outfield. And yes it it does look awesome and they rake. I am convinced Ted Williams is the best batter in the game. I have him batting 4th. I have harper leading off. Trout was leading off but i switched him with Harper and is now second and for whatever reason he has started to rake for me batting second

http://2kmtcentral.com/18/lineups/6910/teamdavis
Old 07-28-2015, 10:55 AM   #7
Rookie

LewisCAVS's Arena

OVR: 1

I didn't really like Harper for whatever reason, for me Dave Winfield is the best right fielder on the game
NCAA - KU basketball
NBA - Cleveland Cavaliers
Old 07-28-2015, 11:01 AM   #8
Rookie

I'd recommend using your stubs to flip cards and get enough stubs to buy both.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »