Home

Mike Schmidt worth it?

This is a discussion on Mike Schmidt worth it? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2015, 09:47 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Mike Schmidt worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by homergimpson
Arenado is basically Ozzie Smith at 3B with power.
Machado is also a defensive beast and hits well too.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 08-12-2015, 03:05 PM   #10
Rookie

Dag_BoomStick's Arena

OVR: 0

I got lucky and pulled Schmidt early on in a standard pack. For a long time he was my guy at 3rd. I eventually unlocked Brett and started using him at third. Early on I couldn't hit with Brett. Sub 200 with little to no power and he made simple errors at third that Schmidt makes look easy. I ran into a large cold sport with schmidt and he dropped from hitting .290-.300 to around .250 so I gave Brett another look. Been running with brett since and he is hitting .290 currently. I still have Schmidt on my bench for lefties, pinch hitting and defensive reasons. As it sits right now scidt is hitting .260ish .240ish vs righties and .280ish vs lefties with 28 hr and around 85 rbi. Brett is hitting .290ish .310 vs righties and .240 vs lefties with 17 hr and around 65 rbi. All this with Schmidt having maybe 75 more at bats. He destroys lefties and defensively can't be beat but God help you if your oponant has a good fastball and can locate it up and in with a righty. For me Schmidt can't get around on that pitch that well resulting in him striking out a lot.
Old 08-12-2015, 07:52 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Mike Schmidt worth it?
Not unless Sony finally updates the hot/cold hitting zones for Diamond Dynasty. The same goes for a lot of players, sadly. Schmidt isn't alone in having way more cold zones in DD than he does in other game modes. I don't get why that part of the roster isn't synched like the other attribute ratings are. In DD, Schmidt is only worth keeping on the bench as a sub for defense or for facing lefties.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »