Home

Network Error: Ban For Harassing Players???

This is a discussion on Network Error: Ban For Harassing Players??? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2015, 12:44 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Network Error: Ban For Harassing Players???

So I have no idea why in the world I am banned from Diamond Dynasty now. I played a game last night and I had to quit in the middle because there were bad storms coming and I didn't want to have my ps4 on. So I asked the guy to friendly quit, denied. So then I conceded and I quit my game and turned my system off. About an hour later I came back onto The Show and it said I have been banned for harassing players. 1.) I never, ever talk to anyone or send messages to anyone before, during, or after a game. 2.) I have never cheated or done anything to cheat the game or anything like that. I just bought my ps4 back in late May, so I haven't even had the game that long. I did some investigating and apparently people will report you for bad quits or losses when you beat someone. I think this is pretty weak and Sony shouldn't allow this, but I guess there is no way to really defend against it. Has anyone else ever had this or anything like this? I really hope I can get back into DD mode because I really enjoy it. I read that people who have been banned for this same reason are usually banned between 4-7 days. If I can't get back on then I don't know what to do. Its not a system wide ban because I can get onto my other games. Just really confused.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2015, 12:53 PM   #2
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Network Error: Ban For Harassing Players???

That's wild. I mean it sucks for you, but also I'm just surprised a feedback system actually led to a result, usually just feels like they're there because they have to be more than anything.
Old 08-11-2015, 04:55 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by E0910
So I have no idea why in the world I am banned from Diamond Dynasty now. I played a game last night and I had to quit in the middle because there were bad storms coming and I didn't want to have my ps4 on. So I asked the guy to friendly quit, denied. So then I conceded and I quit my game and turned my system off. About an hour later I came back onto The Show and it said I have been banned for harassing players. 1.) I never, ever talk to anyone or send messages to anyone before, during, or after a game. 2.) I have never cheated or done anything to cheat the game or anything like that. I just bought my ps4 back in late May, so I haven't even had the game that long. I did some investigating and apparently people will report you for bad quits or losses when you beat someone. I think this is pretty weak and Sony shouldn't allow this, but I guess there is no way to really defend against it. Has anyone else ever had this or anything like this? I really hope I can get back into DD mode because I really enjoy it. I read that people who have been banned for this same reason are usually banned between 4-7 days. If I can't get back on then I don't know what to do. Its not a system wide ban because I can get onto my other games. Just really confused.....

Yes that has happened to me! I was banned for about 3 days first time offense. I will admit i said some stuff to ppl(mostly ppl who cheese the game), but most was my little bro, since than i WILL NOT say anything but good things to ppl, and if i ever get banned again it WILL BE COMPLETE BS. And there seems to be no way around it, you call sony, they give you daybreak games, you call daybreak and they say its not there game. I did more research and called SCEA Sand Diego(the developers of the show) and they said they can't do anything to call SONY!!! i called sony and finally demanded to talk to a manager who gave me an email address and never got any feedback. They Show really needs to investigate it rather than just banning a person after a certain amount of reports, because alot of ppl said it happened to them for no reason and im sure there are millions of trolls reporting ppl for no reason.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:25 PM   #4
Rookie

Yeah I finally received an email today from Sony saying that this is a first time warning. I am guessing that my ban will be up soon. I am just relieved that it is not a full system wide ban because that would suck. I think I am just going to try to match up to my actual friends who play online from here on out. Better safe than sorry.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »