Home

Crazy Prices

This is a discussion on Crazy Prices within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2015, 07:11 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Crazy Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by raneman85
If people are playing this, the buyers will control the price. The high buy prices indicate sellers controlling the market and a loss of interest in DD mode. Minimal reward for log in, minimal stub reward for completing a game, Challenge rewards gone, inflated priced weekend specialty packs. Call me cynical boys, but this all Sony's manipulation and they want your dollar to buy the stubs. No different than EA's motivation: Cha Ching!
Every game now is basically a super stacked all star team. If you're lucky, you get to play someone with tons of lag who is starting Bryce Harper at catcher or some other silly alignment. This mode sucks for real baseball fans.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2015, 07:25 PM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by homergimpson
Every game now is basically a super stacked all star team. If you're lucky, you get to play someone with tons of lag who is starting Bryce Harper at catcher or some other silly alignment. This mode sucks for real baseball fans.
Agreed. I think I'm gonna switch to franchises

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 08-13-2015, 07:40 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Except the fact that Harper played catcher in HS.
Old 08-13-2015, 08:41 PM   #28
Pro

raneman85's Arena

OVR: 6

What would make this game really great would be a point system. Say you get 75 points or something in that range to build your team. Legends and Diamonds are worth 6, Golds 5, Silvers 4 and so on. Now the market has a basis for meaning. You're a GM. You need to think budget. You don't complain as much about guys getting upgraded or downgraded
Old 08-13-2015, 09:27 PM   #29
Banned

Quote:
What would make this game really great would be a point system. Say you get 75 points or something in that range to build your team. Legends and Diamonds are worth 6, Golds 5, Silvers 4 and so on. Now the market has a basis for meaning. You're a GM. You need to think budget. You don't complain as much about guys getting upgraded or downgraded
I think everyone would enjoy this much more. The problem is the developers make money forcing people to buy all star teams, so we'll probably never see it.
Old 08-13-2015, 09:48 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Or make it way more challenging to get great cards so there's something to work towards.

Old 08-13-2015, 09:54 PM   #31
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermiaj
Or make it way more challenging to get great cards so there's something to work towards.

I think this is one reason why the Community Challenges were bad for the game. Before DPC and TPC came about I had no intention on buying Trout. Now because of these crazy prices I have two.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2015, 12:50 AM   #32
Pro

Orange Krush's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
I think everyone would enjoy this much more. The problem is the developers make money forcing people to buy all star teams, so we'll probably never see it.
No true at all. Games like FIFA ultimate team have bronze and silver card tournaments. Now, I never played FIFA before, but I've heard that no one plays those tournaments. People play these ultimate team modes to build the best team possible, they don't want to be limited or restricted, if there was a restriction you would see a dramatic decrease in the popularity of the mode. This has also been discussed many, many times here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »