Home

Crazy Prices

This is a discussion on Crazy Prices within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2015, 01:43 PM   #57
MVP

MLB Bob's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Crazy Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by homergimpson
Do you realize every time you post you add new unsubstantiated claims? Do you really think you can account for the entire audience of this game?

All those franchise people would play more DD if they didn't have to play gamers that are clueless about real baseball.
You do realize that you are only stating your opinion from your small little world and have not added any facts or data to prove your point besides stating what you want. I at least sited what the game makers have compiled as data and passed a long, I'll go with their info over yours.

Online franchise suits the niche youre trying to swing to DD. I am a hardcore baseball fan and franchise player..all offline. I played DD for the first time this year, barely spend any money on stubs, also got sick of cheesers but not because of their roster. I agree it would be cool to have a mode like you suggest but I also think people will get bored of it quick when they cant win with crappy players and have no way to upgrade. In reality if I want to build a team and not deal with cheesers and whiny kids private messaging me smack talk, I'll continue to play my offline franchise.

Hardcore fans and the segment that posts in OS is a very small sample of the market. out of 100,000 or more not sure the numbers but the "100's" of online franchises and a few thousand OSers might make maybe 3-5% at best of your sample.
Old 08-15-2015, 07:31 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 6

Back on Topic.....

What happened to the market? it's kinda crazy what's going there... players prices are jacked up over 1Million Stubbs etc... who has stubbs to buy anything there anymore.. oh well.. I was getting tired of DD after 175 games already.. bca to Exhibition games, hello, Blue Jays!
Old 08-15-2015, 10:28 PM   #59
Pro

Orange Krush's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheechoo98
Back on Topic.....

What happened to the market? it's kinda crazy what's going there... players prices are jacked up over 1Million Stubbs etc... who has stubbs to buy anything there anymore.. oh well.. I was getting tired of DD after 175 games already.. bca to Exhibition games, hello, Blue Jays!
Some people hacked or glitched the game using the community challenges and got literally billions of stubs. Now they've been buying up a bunch of players, putting millions of illegal stubs into the market.
Old 08-16-2015, 01:08 AM   #60
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krush
Some people hacked or glitched the game using the community challenges and got literally billions of stubs. Now they've been buying up a bunch of players, putting millions of illegal stubs into the market.
So all video games appeal to the same types of people?

Nevermind baseball. You don't know **** about video games either.
Old 08-16-2015, 01:09 AM   #61
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB Bob
You do realize that you are only stating your opinion from your small little world and have not added any facts or data to prove your point besides stating what you want. I at least sited what the game makers have compiled as data and passed a long, I'll go with their info over yours.

Online franchise suits the niche youre trying to swing to DD. I am a hardcore baseball fan and franchise player..all offline. I played DD for the first time this year, barely spend any money on stubs, also got sick of cheesers but not because of their roster. I agree it would be cool to have a mode like you suggest but I also think people will get bored of it quick when they cant win with crappy players and have no way to upgrade. In reality if I want to build a team and not deal with cheesers and whiny kids private messaging me smack talk, I'll continue to play my offline franchise.

Hardcore fans and the segment that posts in OS is a very small sample of the market. out of 100,000 or more not sure the numbers but the "100's" of online franchises and a few thousand OSers might make maybe 3-5% at best of your sample.
Let's be real. You have no data to back this up. You are talking completely out of your ***.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2015, 01:13 AM   #62
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krush
I don't think that's it because this spike just started happening...and the events have been gone for a couple of weeks at least. I think it has to do with more people buying stubs off of those who had a **** ton leftover from doing the CCs.
Old 08-16-2015, 03:08 AM   #63
Pro

Orange Krush's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by homergimpson
So all video games appeal to the same types of people?

Nevermind baseball. You don't know **** about video games either.
You sound like a child and I can't take anything you say seriously anymore. You obviously don't understand logic and reasoning.
Old 08-16-2015, 04:29 AM   #64
Rookie

Are we bitching about the prices in the marketplace or stacked teams ? We do realize that the majority of players are younger right ? not used to playing a video game as if it were real life and feel like there supposed to win all the time at all cost . As for stacked teams , I have one ! and I use them but I prefer realism, I don't put players out of position, I try to pitch the black and mix speeds so I may be one of the minority because I also prefer to play it offline. I busted my ***, bought stubs , did CCs and worked the market to get my stuff so I could have the total experience that should come with a game when its paid for but this is the way games are going now micro transactions are killing video games for me. Don't blame the people blame the game and its makers

Anybody can have a stacked team if you work at it but don't blame a player for wanting the best the game has to offer

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »