Home

Lorenzo Cain

This is a discussion on Lorenzo Cain within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2015, 06:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Lorenzo Cain

Anyone else think Cain's defensive stats need a boost? He has been my lead off hitter for awhile, and does a great job. Hitting well over .300 and hits the long ball surprisingly well.
He chases down fly balls well, but never has any great plays. He never makes good throws! They are always realm weak, and off target. Can't make a throw to 3B, and he is my LF. What gives? He is one of the best defensive OF in Baseball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2015, 06:38 PM   #2
Rookie

azstdogg's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Lorenzo Cain

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeff
He never makes good throws! They are always realm weak, and off target. Can't make a throw to 3B, and he is my LF. What gives?
I haven't found a single OF that can make a decent throw into the infield. Everything is off the mark and it's so bad that base runners can advance safely an extra base as long as they don't stop running.
Old 08-18-2015, 07:25 PM   #3
Rookie

thackett69's Arena

It may be due to playing him out of position. I have to say I constantly gun guys down at the plate I have pence in rf and created Barry bonds in lf I have to say I gun down runners at home about %80 of the time on close plays pence is my fav player in real life but he isn't the greatest hitter on my team I bat him 8th hitting .234 but he makes up for it on defense
Old 08-18-2015, 07:33 PM   #4
Rookie

thackett69's Arena

Personally I was horrible with Cain don't know why but I used him for about a weak he did horrible in all phases of the game for me even though he is rated good.
Old 08-18-2015, 10:54 PM   #5
Rookie

It's because he is a Royal hahaha. In all seriousness the Royals as a whole get no love from SDS, as soon as Cueto became a Royal he was knocked down in rating even after being lights out lately
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2015, 11:00 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by azstdogg
I haven't found a single OF that can make a decent throw into the infield. Everything is off the mark and it's so bad that base runners can advance safely an extra base as long as they don't stop running.
I have ... Jason Heyward has been fantastic for me ... in center field. I have thrown out at least 15-20 guys attempting to score on him. I don't understand why he's so good considering he's supposed to take a defensive ratings hit for being out of his primary position, but he's been stellar.
Old 08-20-2015, 10:59 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Remember not to full charge your throw in with an already weak arm as it reduces accuracy. Just hit the cut off man
Old 08-20-2015, 11:39 AM   #8
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thackett69
Personally I was horrible with Cain don't know why but I used him for about a weak he did horrible in all phases of the game for me even though he is rated good.
Do you tend to be late on swings or hit opposite field a lot? He is a pull hitter so his timing window is moved a bit earlier.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »