Home

bryce harper

This is a discussion on bryce harper within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2015, 01:39 AM   #1
Rookie

thackett69's Arena

OVR: 0
bryce harper

Damn I bought harper on Friday I have played 18 games with him I'm hitting .029 my only hit is a 3 run hr I'm normally good with lefties don't know what is going on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2015, 02:18 AM   #2
Rookie

Gambit1193's Arena

Re: bryce harper

You're chasing balls, people never throw anything good to Harper
Old 08-23-2015, 02:40 AM   #3
Rookie

This is true, even the computer pitches around him. It freakin sucks 60K for a dude that gets walked 90% of the time, I'm about to sell him
Old 08-23-2015, 02:50 AM   #4
Rookie

thackett69's Arena

You know i think u guys are correct and i have been power swinging more as well with him normally only use if I'm sitting on the fastball ahead in the count. And I have been so anxious to get some good rips with him that I have been chasing way more then I do with will Clark or Brandon Crawford.
Old 08-24-2015, 11:24 AM   #5
Rookie

Beat LA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thackett69
You know i think u guys are correct and i have been power swinging more as well with him normally only use if I'm sitting on the fastball ahead in the count. And I have been so anxious to get some good rips with him that I have been chasing way more then I do with will Clark or Brandon Crawford.
You don't need to power swing with Harper to hit them out. I, like you, started off hitting horrible with Harper when I first got him. I was chasing a bunch of stuff out of the zone. Now, I just sit on a pitch, until there are two strikes. I have him up around .300, now with 21 HR's. I actually hit better with him against lefties, and I have many opposite field shots with him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2015, 11:02 AM   #6
Banned

TonyDanzaFan's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thackett69
It's more of a mental thing. I have the same problem with good players. You're trying too hard. Don't use power swing unless you guess the pitch correctly. Also, and this may just be a placebo effect, but I've found against the computer I'll get more fastballs to hit if the guy is higher in the order but if you put him like seventh or eighth you'll get more breaking balls and stuff. The mental aspect is probably why I hit better with pitchers because I'm not trying so hard. I'm more loose. I see the ball better almost. Basically just forget Harper's so good and relax.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:37 AM   #7
Rookie

Beat LA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDanzaFan
It's more of a mental thing. I have the same problem with good players. You're trying too hard. Don't use power swing unless you guess the pitch correctly. Also, and this may just be a placebo effect, but I've found against the computer I'll get more fastballs to hit if the guy is higher in the order but if you put him like seventh or eighth you'll get more breaking balls and stuff. The mental aspect is probably why I hit better with pitchers because I'm not trying so hard. I'm more loose. I see the ball better almost. Basically just forget Harper's so good and relax.
The pitcher thing is absolutely true. I don't know how many times I've had hard contact with my pitcher, because I'm not chasing. If he makes an out, it's okay since he's the pitcher anyway. My guy that I just can't hit with is Ted Williams. I don't wait for my pitch with him, and seem to swing away from the zone that I'm sitting in.
Old 08-25-2015, 03:31 PM   #8
MVP

ph33's Arena

Bryce Harper is godlike for me. I perform better with him than I do Ted Williams lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »