Home

I'll admit it. Playing with a star studded team in DD is not that fun.

This is a discussion on I'll admit it. Playing with a star studded team in DD is not that fun. within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2015, 11:04 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
I'll admit it. Playing with a star studded team in DD is not that fun.

I had more fun when I had Moustakas and Corey Dickerson in my lineup.
Now I have T. Williams, Anthony Rizzo, Cargo, George Brett...etc

With Cueto, Cole, DeGrom, Niekro...etc is just not as fun as trying to get a cheap pitcher with good stuff and dominating with them.

Or having Boexberger fool the living hell out of batters as my closer.

I've reach the 1950 rating mark with an 84 overall team and now that my team is stacked I can barely hand around 1800 mark. Is unreal.

It was thrilling to beat a team full of Diamonds and Legends and it felt so sweet. Now I'm just one of them.

I'm about to dump all my Gold Cards and go strictly with silver and bronze players at every position...I'm also taking my franchise guy out.
Screw my record and rating. I want to have fun again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2015, 11:33 PM   #2
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: I'll admit it. Playing with a star studded team in DD is not that fun.

Do you think the reason might be because you get better pitches to hit with the 84 team?

I can't seem to reach 1750 no matter what type of team I have. I think I should consider doing more quick pitching, bunting, and base stealing, lol.
Old 09-14-2015, 12:23 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

I hope they implement a budget for DD mode.

It would make lineup discussions more interesting.
Old 09-14-2015, 03:23 PM   #4
Rookie

FindingTim's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokker
I hope they implement a budget for DD mode.

It would make lineup discussions more interesting.
that's a great idea. I also wouldn't mind a mode where you can only play with players received in standard packs.

Honestly, I have more respect for opponents whose teams aren't loaded with stars. Last night my opponent had Billy Burns leading off (went 4-5) and Tim Cooney on the mound. Funny enough he dominated with Cooney, but I rallied against Aroldis Chapman in the 9th (I looked high fastball every pitch) and won in extras (312 foot cheapie homerun at Yankee Stadium).

It's just more fun to play a team that doesn't have Bryce Harper as a pinch hitter, and Trevor Rosenthal as their 6th inning guy.

But I doubt any opponents give two ****s if I "respect" them haha.
Old 09-14-2015, 03:38 PM   #5
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Yesssss, yesssssssssss. I hope more and more people keep coming to this realization. I've found this to be true in every one of these "fantasy team" modes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2015, 04:54 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I see what you guys are saying, but it better never happen. I know it's stupid to spend extra money on packs but early on in the season i did. Do you think it's fair that i spend money to get some good players only to have limitations on who i can use? That would ruin the mode, they can make an alternative mode like maddens draft champions if you don't like playing star studded teams. Honestly my team (tho its all diamonds and legends, few gold pitchers, and dee gordon) can't hit crap. I can get a pitch down the middle and get GOOD timing with every hitter and i'll be lucky to even get hits in a lot of games. So it's not even truly and edge persay, idk just wouldn't feel right to start guys like burns or even a jd martinez when i have cards like harper, mcutchen, and kiner sittin there. Tho i rarely get rewarded with my good timing and perfect swings (low and in, i move the analog low and in and get GOOD timing just to swing and miss) It feels very rewarding to hit a bomb with harper than to back it up with one from trout, its rare for me, but awesome when it happens.
Old 09-14-2015, 05:01 PM   #7
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteboy311kn
I see what you guys are saying, but it better never happen. I know it's stupid to spend extra money on packs but early on in the season i did. Do you think it's fair that i spend money to get some good players only to have limitations on who i can use? That would ruin the mode, they can make an alternative mode like maddens draft champions if you don't like playing star studded teams. Honestly my team (tho its all diamonds and legends, few gold pitchers, and dee gordon) can't hit crap. I can get a pitch down the middle and get GOOD timing with every hitter and i'll be lucky to even get hits in a lot of games. So it's not even truly and edge persay, idk just wouldn't feel right to start guys like burns or even a jd martinez when i have cards like harper, mcutchen, and kiner sittin there. Tho i rarely get rewarded with my good timing and perfect swings (low and in, i move the analog low and in and get GOOD timing just to swing and miss) It feels very rewarding to hit a bomb with harper than to back it up with one from trout, its rare for me, but awesome when it happens.
Oh yeah, just to be clear I don't think anybody is saying you shouldn't be able to use who you have. It's just it would be cool to have another mode that makes it so you have to build a team on some sort of budget rather than just go all studs. It's something I talked about in my video I did for OS a bit ago:

Old 09-14-2015, 05:06 PM   #8
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

It would be fun if they had restrictions to unlock certain packs or more coins in H2H matches. Like only 1 legend...only bronze players one gold, etc.

I don't play DD much and when I do I have a decent team with no legends I think my best player might be Rizzo or Braun... and every time I hop online against a team full of Legends and All stars and knuckle ballers and sidearm throwers.

I'm not complaining i just don't see how thats really all that fun. It's more fun when i can actually beat those teams with my squad.

In any event i don't want to insinuate the mode isn't fun i think the card collecting/selling is fun, but I shouldn't have to assemble a star studded lineup in order to play people online.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »