Home

Matt Carpenter nonsense

This is a discussion on Matt Carpenter nonsense within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2016, 09:14 PM   #1
Rookie

dta151's Arena

OVR: 0
Matt Carpenter nonsense

Several things with this card are problems, 1st he is hurt and his rating has been raised to a 94 or 95 5 star everyday from inside edge. Injured players do not or should not be getting inside edge ratings adjustments. 2nd he has played primarily at 3rd base this year and still is listed as a 2B , if they moved him to 3B with his current ratings he would most likely drop to a silver 84 or 83 overall and the cardinals team collection would be super easy to do like the phillies and braves any team with no golds so they do not switch him. They lagged big time on lowering Rosenthal to a silver after he lost the closer job and was getting shelled before he became a silver and was still selling for 5k for weeks after he went silver. Finally that is why I think there is something secretly going on with the team sets that we complete that will come into play later in the game with new cards. SDS wants the Cards team set to stay somewhat hard to complete even though the reward is only a Jim Edmonds 90 who is a good player and card but not the most popular to where everyone is trying to do that set to get him which causes the Carpenter to stay at 10k. During the allstar break he was selling for 5-6k now he has gone up steadily to 9-10k while being injured for weeks now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2016, 09:36 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Matt Carpenter nonsense

Quote:
Originally Posted by dta151
Several things with this card are problems, 1st he is hurt and his rating has been raised to a 94 or 95 5 star everyday from inside edge. Injured players do not or should not be getting inside edge ratings adjustments. 2nd he has played primarily at 3rd base this year and still is listed as a 2B , if they moved him to 3B with his current ratings he would most likely drop to a silver 84 or 83 overall and the cardinals team collection would be super easy to do like the phillies and braves any team with no golds so they do not switch him. They lagged big time on lowering Rosenthal to a silver after he lost the closer job and was getting shelled before he became a silver and was still selling for 5k for weeks after he went silver. Finally that is why I think there is something secretly going on with the team sets that we complete that will come into play later in the game with new cards. SDS wants the Cards team set to stay somewhat hard to complete even though the reward is only a Jim Edmonds 90 who is a good player and card but not the most popular to where everyone is trying to do that set to get him which causes the Carpenter to stay at 10k. During the allstar break he was selling for 5-6k now he has gone up steadily to 9-10k while being injured for weeks now.
I am biased since I am a STL fan but Matt is currently injured but before he was injured he was playing at 2B all the time due to Peralta coming back and playing 3B due to Diaz having such a great rookie year at SS.

I feel that Matt deserves his ratings has he is the heart and soul of the STL team! Just my opinion.
Old 07-20-2016, 09:50 PM   #3
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dta151
Matt Carpenter is one of the hitters in baseball. If they switch him to third hed still be a gold, as he deserves to be. Theres no conspiracy lol

He probably dropped in price because he was in the captain store.
Old 07-20-2016, 11:05 PM   #4
Rookie

dta151's Arena

There is no doubt he is the man on that team, and deserves to be a gold, but if you even look at your created DD player they are for me at least always rated highest at 2B and players in the past who have changed position have gone down whenever they get switched from 2B to any other position, Zobrist was one for example last year who got switched back and forth from 2B to SS to LF RF and like Cespedes going up 6 points just cause he got switched from CF to LF and Bryant earlier going Diamond from going back to 3B from LF or RF. My created player right now is a 92 at 2B and a 86 at 3B and he is still a silver 83 at CF. Im just saying if they for some reason move Carpenter to 3B where he has played more games at this year than at 2B he should drop from a 88 to a 84 or 83 based on how other players ratings have changed. I am saying I think that SDS has not done it for that reason, he deserves to be gold and the Cards set would have no golds and be easy to do. Easier to do, it is already easy as he is the only card worth over 1k. If the reward was a 95 Stan the man or Pujols all the cards in the set would sell for double what they do for a 90 Edmonds too. I would love to see a 99 Big Mac from the year he broke Maris record flashback. I would do that set immediately
Old 07-20-2016, 11:12 PM   #5
Rookie

dta151's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
Matt Carpenter is one of the hitters in baseball. If they switch him to third hed still be a gold, as he deserves to be. Theres no conspiracy lol

He probably dropped in price because he was in the captain store.
He wasnt in the captain store last week and your not getting the point, it's not a matter of if he deserves to be a gold or not. We agree he is a stud. We can say he is the best player in the game but if they keep his stats the same and switched him to 3B from 2B the way the game works his overall rating would drop. I have no clue why, I think it makes no sense but it is true. Same with CF. If a player gets moved from LF to CF they will go down. Cespedes ratings stayed the same but he got switched from CF to LF and raised from a 89 gold to a 95 diamond. Does he deserve it? Maybe but if he does then he should have been a 95 diamond when he was at CF his stat attributes were the same but he went from 89 gold to 95 diamond

Edit: I don't remember him being in the captain store last week but I am not 100% sure, but that is still irrelevant to this issue of position changes

Last edited by dta151; 07-20-2016 at 11:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2016, 01:22 AM   #6
Pro

FloorGeneral's Arena

OVR: 2

When Peralta came back, they moved him (Carpenter) to 2B so that Diaz and Peralta could both stay in the lineup. Each position favors certain ratings over others, which is why his rating went from an 86 at 3B to an 88 at 2B. Higher power numbers are needed at 3B to get your rating up higher. Meanwhile, the power threshold is lower for 2B, which is why his overall went up 2 points just by switching, with no ratings changes. Same thing with Cespedes and his switch from CF to LF. Higher power numbers are valued more in corner OF spots, and will shoot your rating up quick.

The Rosenthal situation has irritated me, as he's the last guy I need to finish them, and I refuse to pay even 500 for an 81, but that's a simple problem of limited market supply. There weren't that many of his card floating around to begin with, so when there's a limited supply of something, you're gonna have to pay a premium until enough get into circulation. That's the beauty of a free market.
Old 07-21-2016, 07:15 AM   #7
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Carpenter is a 2b now..there is no conspiracy lol.

The IE thing I can agree with though but everything else...naw he should not be no silver nor would he if he moved back to 3b. His attributes should honestly go up a bit since he is hitting over .300 vs RHP and shows good power vs LHP. He is one of the better players in the league, but he gets a lot of his value from OBP which does not translate to well in this game.

You could also argue Carlos Martinez and Oh could be a gold and Diaz/Wayno should be close but they are not. SDS is just slow with the upgrades/downgrades.

Youtube

Last edited by cardinalbird5; 07-21-2016 at 07:17 AM.
Old 07-21-2016, 10:15 AM   #8
Rookie

BrandH's Arena

OVR: 6

All you have to do find out what his rating for 3B would be is go to edit players and change his position. However even as a 3B he still would be a gold if none of his rating have changed this year. The first line in the following link is what his overall was as a 3B.

https://www.daddyleagues.com/dd/16/c...r_matt/history

Also it doesn't matter where a player played most of their games. Whatever position they are currently playing is what position SDS puts on the card 99% of the time. It matches with what ever position they are at in the current Online Play Now rosters.

Last edited by BrandH; 07-21-2016 at 10:21 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »