Home

Simple Question from a newbie

This is a discussion on Simple Question from a newbie within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2016, 09:50 AM   #1
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Simple Question from a newbie

I've never played DD before, but I'm getting into it now and have what I think is a pretty simple question.

Will these players' ratings change based on how their real-life counterpart is doing, or are the boosts solely determined by the Daily Matchup thing?

For example, if I have a 70 overall guy that performs like an all-star in real life, will his ratings improve when roster updates come out for other modes and stuff?

I ask because I'm wondering if it's advantageous to buy low on guys that I think will be good this year.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2016, 10:12 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Simple Question from a newbie

From my understanding, yes, player ratings and cards may update each week based on real life performance. Someone with more experience than I can get into more detail, but yes. Pretty cool!
Old 04-04-2016, 10:16 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

ya, I had a few silvers turn into diamonds last year... go for the guys with potential if you're in it for the long haul
Old 04-04-2016, 10:18 AM   #4
Rookie

There are daily and weekly updates this year. The daily updates are just that. They'll update each day according to how inside edge thinks they'll perform for that matchup. If a play has a standout week, you'll see the actual card rating change. This is big for players on the cusp of being a gold or diamond. So take players who are within a shout of being bumped and pay attention to their real life performances. So take Yadi for instance. He's an 82 I believe, if he has a breakout week they'll update his card and make him an 85 or so. Players do not necessarily drop down to their original rating after that week either. Also keep in mind some players drop. So lookout for diamond and gold tier players that are slumping and drop a tier and capitalize if you think they have the ability to regain their gold or diamond status.
Old 04-04-2016, 10:23 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLMAN93
There are daily and weekly updates this year. The daily updates are just that. They'll update each day according to how inside edge thinks they'll perform for that matchup. If a play has a standout week, you'll see the actual card rating change. This is big for players on the cusp of being a gold or diamond. So take players who are within a shout of being bumped and pay attention to their real life performances. So take Yadi for instance. He's an 82 I believe, if he has a breakout week they'll update his card and make him an 85 or so. Players do not necessarily drop down to their original rating after that week either. Also keep in mind some players drop. So lookout for diamond and gold tier players that are slumping and drop a tier and capitalize if you think they have the ability to regain their gold or diamond status.
They are not that fast. If a player has a good stretch it can take them a couple weeks to update him. But they do updates every Monday

http://2kmtcentral.com/18/lineups/6910/teamdavis
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2016, 10:26 AM   #6
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLMAN93
One more newbie question, what are the overalls for each tier?

I'm guessing a bronze player turns silver if they hit 80 overall, but I don't know the rest.

Thanks for the answers everyone! This mode sounds pretty great.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 04-04-2016, 10:34 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
One more newbie question, what are the overalls for each tier?

I'm guessing a bronze player turns silver if they hit 80 overall, but I don't know the rest.

Thanks for the answers everyone! This mode sounds pretty great.
I believe silvers start at 78 and end at 84. Golds go from 85 to 92. Diamond is 93 to 99.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »