Home

Inside Edge

This is a discussion on Inside Edge within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2016, 08:24 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Inside Edge

I don't know for sure yet, but I think roster updates might track the long term changes and inside edge will show the short term changes, such as hot and cold streaks.

But it's looking at matchups between batter and pitcher, so I'm not sure. If you're favorite player is facing Clayton Kershaw that day, I'm guessing their stats will be based on how they historically performed against Kershaw.
Old 04-06-2016, 08:34 PM   #10
MVP

mpbaseball22's Arena

OVR: 14

This was a post from an Inside Edge rep at https://rotogrinders.com/threads/ins...ps-page-674482

Hey all —
We’ll share some of the secret sauce here… we look at many factors, such as:
• Head-to-head history (if applicable)
• Hitter versus pitchers of similar style (velocity, pitch repertoire, etc.)
• Hitter versus pitchers in the same “class” or tier level as the one they’re facing today.
• Pitcher versus hitters of similar styles (i.e. other speedy leadoff hitters if it’s Dee Gordon, or other right-handed homerun guys if it’s Jose Abreu).
• Pitcher versus hitters of same class / tier.
• Hitter versus pitchers with similar GB/Fly tendencies
• Hitter versus pitchers with similar SO tendencies
• Recent performance of hitter and pitcher
• Park Factor
• And more (but we’ll keep some of that secret).
Our algorithm uses all of that information to boil things down to one number — what we call a “Matchup Score”. That score ranges from 0 to 100.
The Star Rating is then converted like this:
0-20 = 1 star
21-40 = 2 star
41-60 = 3 star
61-80 = 4 star
81-100 = 5 star
Hope you enjoy the resource, and we hope it give you a true ‘edge’!
Inside Edge
Old 04-06-2016, 09:19 PM   #11
Rookie

mcal24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandH
I also have another inside edge question. I looked at the inside edge list last night and Jose Abreu has a 5 star rating but no attribute bump. There were a few players like that. Anyone know why that is? I am not talking about the difference from the list and then looking at the player card. I am talking about when you go into the inside edge section and see the list. Most players have the bump next to it, but some had nothing.
I think I saw the better players don't necessarily get a bump from 5 star ratings, because they get 5 star match ups a lot more often. For example, Mike Trout will likely have more 5 star ratings than any other one, so when he gets a 4 star, he might actually decrease a point or two.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2016, 06:34 PM   #12
Rookie

Kevin82485's Arena

OVR: 2

I have question about the attribute boost that I think I know the answer to, but just want to verify with others...

So I see today that David Ortiz has an attribute boost. He got a 10 point bump in Con vs R, 10 in Con vs L, 4 in Pwr vs R, and 10 in Pwr vs L. Currently the number in the yellow bar for each respective attribute is 82, 62, 95, and 71.

With that attribute boost, does that mean that his attributes are actually 92, 72, 99, and 81? Does the number in the yellow bar not change dynamically? Or is the number in the yellow bar the attribute ratings after the boost?

Conversely, is the same true when a player has a decrease?
Wisconsin Badgers

XBL: TheJudge24
PSN: UntalentedTalent

Last edited by Kevin82485; 04-08-2016 at 06:43 PM.
Old 04-09-2016, 05:09 AM   #13
Rookie

RodionMaZ's Arena

Boosted attribute values are shown while you're in an actual game, i.e 92. In collection it shows base value (plus boost), i.e 82 (+10).

Last edited by RodionMaZ; 04-09-2016 at 05:14 AM.
Old 04-09-2016, 05:44 AM   #14
MVP

Syce's Arena

i think its cool, because you can edit your lineup based on players who may have a high inside edge rating for that day and that can also help you gain bonus tickets from your captains. for example, Justin Smoak currently has a +12 and he also contributes to Captain Hosmer.

so this is something to look into for the day as well.
Old 04-09-2016, 11:20 AM   #15
Pro

RLebron12's Arena

OVR: 1

I like the idea of Inside Edge and has definitely made my change my line up depending what their inside edge is...but something that seemed off for me today was Mad Bum has a negative inside edge...but once description it gives no reason why?? Like why even change his stats then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps.” -Willie Mays (The Say Hey Kid)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2016, 05:06 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Inside Edg

I'm am very excited by this implementation but still very confused.

* So this looks at a game's matchup instead of how well they just did? I don't understand why they would do it like that? For example, I though Jean Seguda was going to go up after his inside the park home run but he went from way negative to less negative over past couple of days... But now I'm not sure why.

* if this is next day's match-ups determining value, would it be kinda crazy to buy someone who has a huge boost on one day? Because we don't really know if the rest of the year's match ups could be horrible for him?

* the matchup stuff, the boost to ratings. Is that vs. every pitcher and every batter for the day, or just for the exact case listed for the rise in stats. For instance if it says "Ken Jarle always pitches a ferocious game against the Cincinnati Reds and always seems to shut down their power hitters". Does that mean he will pitch with the increased stats for the whole game against everyone and every team for the day? Or just against the Reds? Or just against the Reds power hitters?

Last edited by japinard; 04-10-2016 at 05:08 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »