Home

Inside Edge

This is a discussion on Inside Edge within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2016, 01:45 PM   #1
MVP

mpbaseball22's Arena

OVR: 14
Inside Edge

What's everyone's opinion so far on inside edge? I think it's interesting, was never that happy it was introduced but can see how it can keep things interesting. However I think it needs toned down a bit. Some guys are getting +20 and are becoming studs, think that's a little over kill

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2016, 02:14 PM   #2
Rookie

BrandH's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Inside Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpbaseball22
What's everyone's opinion so far on inside edge? I think it's interesting, was never that happy it was introduced but can see how it can keep things interesting. However I think it needs toned down a bit. Some guys are getting +20 and are becoming studs, think that's a little over kill

I don't like how it seems to be done via generic stats and not stats vs a specific player. I thought it would more geared towards specific player to player results instead of random stuff like this guy hits pitchers with 95+ fastballs. It still is a nice change for people who like looking for a reason to not trot out the same lineup once they get the best players.
Old 04-06-2016, 02:23 PM   #3
Rookie

BrandH's Arena

I also have another inside edge question. I looked at the inside edge list last night and Jose Abreu has a 5 star rating but no attribute bump. There were a few players like that. Anyone know why that is? I am not talking about the difference from the list and then looking at the player card. I am talking about when you go into the inside edge section and see the list. Most players have the bump next to it, but some had nothing.
Old 04-06-2016, 08:12 PM   #4
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

I think the casual gamer might lose interest but I don't think I'll have a problem studying my cards on a daily basis before making lineup changes.

Just so I'm understanding, Inside Edge is based on potential upcoming matchups and NOT on recent performance? Also, it changes daily, right?
Old 04-06-2016, 08:15 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 3

I see no issue with the feature.

Considering the fact that many people will have all gold and diamond teams soon (because of Conquest), the feature helps even out the odds for poorer players.

Even a player who is broke can pick up a 5 star rating player who has become a high gold for a couple of days and compete against teams online.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2016, 08:15 PM   #6
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
I think the casual gamer might lose interest but I don't think I'll have a problem studying my cards on a daily basis before making lineup changes.

Just so I'm understanding, Inside Edge is based on potential upcoming matchups and NOT on recent performance? Also, it changes daily, right?
That days matchups.
Old 04-06-2016, 08:18 PM   #7
Bacon's Fictional Roster

bacon96's Arena

OVR: 0

I think it's too early personally and we'll see how it's going once baseball season really gets into full swing.

Join my Discord Server!

#BaseballisBetter
Old 04-06-2016, 08:23 PM   #8
MVP

mpbaseball22's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandH
I don't like how it seems to be done via generic stats and not stats vs a specific player. I thought it would more geared towards specific player to player results instead of random stuff like this guy hits pitchers with 95+ fastballs. It still is a nice change for people who like looking for a reason to not trot out the same lineup once they get the best players.
I believe it's a bunch of different stats. BvP I believe is also part of the equation

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »