Home

Wish I could set LHP, RHP Lineups

This is a discussion on Wish I could set LHP, RHP Lineups within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2016, 02:20 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Wish I could set LHP, RHP Lineups

In DD I wish we could set up our starting lineups for a LH starting pitcher and a RH starting pitcher. Just a small thing that would streamline things
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2016, 02:31 AM   #2
I smell sulfur...

Kodii Rockets's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Wish I could set LHP, RHP Lineups

I agree wholeheartedly, and I really don't understand why it's not in there. It's nuts.

Follow this link to view 10 Yard Fight on Operation Sports >>10YF on OS
Old 04-07-2016, 02:54 AM   #3
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

You can in matchup screen. Scroll down and you'll see your bench.
Old 04-07-2016, 02:56 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
You can in matchup screen. Scroll down and you'll see your bench.
What we mean is, have the ability, on the squad screen, to create multiple line ups. And then have the game automatically choose a RHP or LHP lineup based on what pitcher we are coming up against online. Instead of having to manually change our entire lineup on the matchup screen.

The way it is currently not only is tedious but allows people to exploit the game. People can hear you change your lineup and if you do so, they'll immediately back out.

Not only do they need to add the ability to create multiple squads in the game but they need to disable being able to back out of a game once they have already been matched up.

Last edited by takki; 04-07-2016 at 03:08 AM.
Old 04-07-2016, 02:29 PM   #5
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

At least it isn't (to my knowledge) like 2K, where it gives you like 30 seconds to set your lineups. But yeah, seems like a simple enough addition to make that would make things much easier.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2016, 04:48 PM   #6
Rookie

BrandH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodii Rockets
I agree wholeheartedly, and I really don't understand why it's not in there. It's nuts.
It was on there every year since The Show has been on PS3 (thats when I started playing). Don't know why they took it out last year. One of the more head scratching decisions.
Old 04-07-2016, 04:59 PM   #7
Rookie

Efbomb's Arena

OVR: 0

My gripe with DD is the random pitcher selector.

I get that it's like that so people don't start their diamond level guy every game, but I don't like it. In my opinion, it's keeping SP prices down because why spend big $ for a SP that you might not get to use for 3 or 4 games or more.

Ex:

I had gotten a diamond SP (Chris Sale) card. I put him in my rotation. After 10 games of not being able to use him, I sold him in the market for 42,000.

I have an idea.

Instead of random pitchers, the game should go through your rotation. 1st game, first pitcher. Second game, second pitcher. And so on. How many games you play will determine which of your pitchers will start when you load up the following day. I think DD was like that a few years ago. Before they overhauled it for 15.

Thoughts? Comments?
Old 04-07-2016, 05:13 PM   #8
I smell sulfur...

Kodii Rockets's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efbomb
My gripe with DD is the random pitcher selector.

I get that it's like that so people don't start their diamond level guy every game, but I don't like it. In my opinion, it's keeping SP prices down because why spend big $ for a SP that you might not get to use for 3 or 4 games or more.

Ex:

I had gotten a diamond SP (Chris Sale) card. I put him in my rotation. After 10 games of not being able to use him, I sold him in the market for 42,000.

I have an idea.

Instead of random pitchers, the game should go through your rotation. 1st game, first pitcher. Second game, second pitcher. And so on. How many games you play will determine which of your pitchers will start when you load up the following day. I think DD was like that a few years ago. Before they overhauled it for 15.

Thoughts? Comments?
I was going to say that I don't have a problem w/ the random rotations since I've never experienced anything like your Chris Sale problem(Go Sox), but then when you mentioned just going by rotation order I'd have to say that I agree.

But again, I don't mind the former option since I've had Marcus Stroman, then Strasburg as my new ace quite often. I don't have a problem with that.

But I have to agree with Mr. Guy, I'm really glad there's no time limit, because my line-up against lefties is switching players and batting order so I seriously doubt I'd be able to get it done within 30 seconds. Yes, I'm...that...guy. Apologies.

Follow this link to view 10 Yard Fight on Operation Sports >>10YF on OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »