Home

Just can't do Conquest on Rookie.... >.<

This is a discussion on Just can't do Conquest on Rookie.... >.< within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2016, 12:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Just can't do Conquest on Rookie.... >.<

I had tried and tried and tried. The furthest I can get is one stronghold conquered until surrounding teams are dropping 20M+ fans around me. I have to spend what little fans I get trying to fight them off. When surrounding teams are dropping 20M+ fans around you, and are getting like 10-12M, there is no winning. One team wipes out my reinforcements while the other teams just take my territories. I feel like General Custer....

What am I missing? I just don't see being able to do this on Rookie. I've read every tip I can find. I've watched a couple of videos here and there. The problem is none of these tips or videos having the people playing Rookie.

I literally just had two teams drop 27M and 25M respectfully around my territories and I got 9M in reinforcements so I'm getting ready to restart a fifth time. Help? I'm literally on the verge up giving up on this mode....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2016, 01:30 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Just can't do Conquest on Rookie.... >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmilesLikeJoker
I had tried and tried and tried. The furthest I can get is one stronghold conquered until surrounding teams are dropping 20M+ fans around me. I have to spend what little fans I get trying to fight them off. When surrounding teams are dropping 20M+ fans around you, and are getting like 10-12M, there is no winning. One team wipes out my reinforcements while the other teams just take my territories. I feel like General Custer....

What am I missing? I just don't see being able to do this on Rookie. I've read every tip I can find. I've watched a couple of videos here and there. The problem is none of these tips or videos having the people playing Rookie.

I literally just had two teams drop 27M and 25M respectfully around my territories and I got 9M in reinforcements so I'm getting ready to restart a fifth time. Help? I'm literally on the verge up giving up on this mode....
Don't play any capture games , get as many territories as you can as that gives more reinforcements , only play stronghold games . I think it will be very very tough to do it on rookie to start off with as you need a very large fan advantage to be able to play on that level .
Old 04-09-2016, 01:47 PM   #3
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Quote:

Don't worry too much about strongholds right away. I think you have to outnumber strongholds 2-1 to play on Veteran and 3-1 to play on rookie. That ties up too many fans that you could be using to grab territory.

What I have been seeing many people do (videos and streams) is just stack all their reinforcements in one territory and then just start grabbing up other territories, almost always simming the games in the attack phase. When you attack with an overwhelming force you are pretty safe telling the game to sim.

On capture phase you can either play those games to reduce the fans defending the stronghold or skip it, reinforce the fans in one territory so you can go on another attack run.

Eventually you should have enough fans and control enough of the map to throw overwhelming forces at the strongholds.
Old 04-09-2016, 02:20 PM   #4
Rookie

I just got taken out again, but I did manage to get a different team stronghold. Yea... It's 4-1 for Rookie. It's definitely geared towards people who can play at higher levels. EDIT: It might be 3-1. Still tough...

It's so frustrating.... I'll keep trying. Thanks for the tips. Off to try again

Last edited by SmilesLikeJoker; 04-09-2016 at 02:22 PM.
Old 04-09-2016, 02:33 PM   #5
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Quote:
I just got taken out again, but I did manage to get a different team stronghold. Yea... It's 4-1 for Rookie. It's definitely geared towards people who can play at higher levels. EDIT: It might be 3-1. Still tough...

It's so frustrating.... I'll keep trying. Thanks for the tips. Off to try again
I almost play everything on Veteran. I don't notice much of a difference between rookie and veteran.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2016, 12:48 AM   #6
Rookie

I'm probably jinxing myself, but I'm doing pretty good right now. I've taken out my third stronghold and still going strong. I know I lucked up when Houston went right for a change and I was able to take out the D's.

It does seem to be 4-1 on Rookie. With that ratio, I try to ensure I have a path out (if I win) to grab more territories.
Old 04-10-2016, 09:27 AM   #7
Do Your Job

TheBigTee's Arena

OVR: 1
Just can't do Conquest on Rookie.... &gt;.&lt;

The key in this mode is to start out strong and expand quickly. The first time I played I was packing my fans into my stronghold and surrounding areas and that does not work well. Your fans increase significantly as you claim more territories. So you are much better off to have 15 fans spread out into 15 territories than to have 15 fans sitting on your stronghold. I'm almost done completing the mode on my second try and should be able to finish ok my current turn, turn 27.

In terms of difficulty I tried to add enough fans to play almost every game on veteran. I had to play a few on all star but never played on anything higher than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-10-2016, 01:08 PM   #8
Just started!

I didnt conquer a stronghold until I had most of the map covered.

LAND my friend! Get yourself LAND!! Once you have the troops you will dominate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »