Home

I have completed Conquest mode twice.

This is a discussion on I have completed Conquest mode twice. within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2016, 12:45 AM   #1
Rookie

SirBrettman's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon5 I have completed Conquest mode twice.

Hey, so I've completed Conquest mode twice. I really enjoy this game mode and find it's a great way to acquire innings to unlock the good legends. (I've already gotten Carew from the Twins and Victorino from the Phillies). I've enjoyed the Risk-like feel of the game.

Question though:
After completing the board once, I was able to claim my Manifest Destiny reward. After completing this a second time, the Manifest Destiny reward was not selectable. Is this a design choice?

I think it would be fair to reward a player with each completion of the board. The text on the description for Conquest does claim that you can "Dominate north America to acquire rare rewards." It does not say that you can only do this once.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2016, 12:47 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: I have completed Conquest mode twice.

They feel people would just farm the mode for the reward if it was given out each time.
Old 04-10-2016, 12:51 AM   #3
Rookie

SirBrettman's Arena

Is this something they've posted somewhere? Video games don't come with instructions anymore, so no one ever really knows what's happening.
Old 04-10-2016, 09:33 AM   #4
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBrettman
Hey, so I've completed Conquest mode twice. I really enjoy this game mode and find it's a great way to acquire innings to unlock the good legends. (I've already gotten Carew from the Twins and Victorino from the Phillies). I've enjoyed the Risk-like feel of the game.

Question though:
After completing the board once, I was able to claim my Manifest Destiny reward. After completing this a second time, the Manifest Destiny reward was not selectable. Is this a design choice?

I think it would be fair to reward a player with each completion of the board. The text on the description for Conquest does claim that you can "Dominate north America to acquire rare rewards." It does not say that you can only do this once.
Just like you can't get the reward for taking over a stronghold twice you also can't get the reward for taking them all over twice.

Since a big chunk of the mode (The attack phases) can be simmed it would be too easy for people to farm this mode to earn $10 worth of packs every week or even every few days.

Now that I think about it I don't remember any repeatable missions on the mission lists so no reason to expect this one to be repeatable.
Old 04-10-2016, 09:39 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microsoft_Works
They feel people would just farm the mode for the reward if it was given out each time.
You can farm BR mode, why not conquest

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2016, 10:42 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronc524
You can farm BR mode, why not conquest

Possibly because you have to pay stubs to enter , BR is a lot harder as well imo .
Old 04-10-2016, 10:44 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshutd10
Possibly because you have to pay stubs to enter , BR is a lot harder as well imo .
BR really isn't that hard if you know how to draft and play the game. The buy in for BR 8s basically negated since you are guaranteed a pack.

Old 04-10-2016, 01:05 PM   #8
Just started!

Im pretty sure I could beat conquest mode in a couple days and I would rate my skill level as well below average. Once you figure it out, its really easy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »