Home

Who's better?

This is a discussion on Who's better? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2016, 01:23 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Who's better?

Who would you want on your team? Mike Trout or Bryce Harper.

Personally I like Mike Trout simply because of his ability to read the ball off the bat when fielding. He has the quickest first step I've seen since Andruw Jones or Kenny Lofton.
However that's not a slight to Bryce. I do believe Bryce will be the better hitter over the course of his career
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2016, 01:34 AM   #2
Pro

RLebron12's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Who's better?

Well I haven't got to play with either of them in MLB 16, but in MLB 15 I performed better with Harper. Now in real life id rather have Trout but in the game I think I'd go with Harper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps.” -Willie Mays (The Say Hey Kid)
Old 04-12-2016, 02:00 AM   #3
Rookie

I meant in real life
Old 04-12-2016, 02:00 AM   #4
MVP

I think Harper going forward, he's gonna be scary good coming into his prime power years. As amazing as Trout is, I think Bryce has more talent, he's a year younger and while Trout came into the league like a horse on fire his rookie year is probably still his best season so far while Bryce Harper could have taken home most improved player to go along with his MVP.

This is no knock on Trout I just feel like Harper is the best player in baseball. Carlos Correa could find himself in this conversation very soon
Old 04-12-2016, 11:57 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldzy
I think Harper going forward, he's gonna be scary good coming into his prime power years. As amazing as Trout is, I think Bryce has more talent, he's a year younger and while Trout came into the league like a horse on fire his rookie year is probably still his best season so far while Bryce Harper could have taken home most improved player to go along with his MVP.

This is no knock on Trout I just feel like Harper is the best player in baseball. Carlos Correa could find himself in this conversation very soon

Very well put, I like this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2016, 02:42 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldzy

Maybe. . .

But I think Trout has quietly been getting better, even if the numbers don't show it. He has improved his power numbers every year. (a 590 slugging% last year)

The other thing about Trout vs. Bryce, is Trout is durable, Bryce isn't. Trout the last three years: 157, 157, 159 games played. Harper: 118, 100, 153.

People also keep saying Bryce is a year younger and all of that stuff, but Trout did the same exact thing Bryce did during their age 22 years. (won the MVP, led league in WAR, etc) All he did was follow that up with another MVP calibur year.

All that year younger stuff means to me is that Bryce has a long way to catch up. All I know is Trout has had 4 full seasons in the big leagues and has 4 top 2 MVP finishes. (and we all know he should have won more) I think Bryce is the better pure power hitter. . . but it's going to take A LOT to convince me he's the better overall player going forward.
Old 04-12-2016, 06:42 PM   #7
Rookie

Yeah but Bryce is just improving at a much faster rate now that he has become a veteran. He's starting to really come into his own while trout hasn't been doing quite as well.
The best way I can phrase it is the pitchers are adapting to trout while Harper is adapting to pitchers
Old 04-12-2016, 07:52 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by braves3526
Yeah but Bryce is just improving at a much faster rate now that he has become a veteran. He's starting to really come into his own while trout hasn't been doing quite as well.
The best way I can phrase it is the pitchers are adapting to trout while Harper is adapting to pitchers

Pitchers are adapting to Trout? Really? You do realize that Trout had the 4th best OPS in baseball last year, right? He also had his second best OPS+ season overall. I hate to break it to people, but he's improving too. If Trout had been hurt over and over and then had a healthy season and broke out with his age 20 season, we would all think he was developing at an unbelivable rate. The problem with Trout is he exploded on the scene so fast that we are used to it. He didn't HAVE to have a breakout season at the age of 22 or 23. Going into his age 22 season he was already a 2 time all star, finished in the top 2 of the MVP voting twice and had accumulated a 20.8 career war. That figure is better than what Bryce Harper currently has for his career.

Bryce broke out. He's a beast of a player and he may end up being the better player down the line. But it isn't a certainty that happens. He needs to stay healthy for one. For two, we need to see where he is in two years.

I'm NOT saying Bryce is a garbage player. Not at all. He's an amazing player. But Trout is as well and it's sad that people can't see the subtle improvements he's making as a player. The idea that pitchers have "adapted" to Trout is laughable. This is going to be just like the Manning/Brady debate in football. In order to say one guy is better, the other side tries to destroy the other guy.

We've got two of the greatest in history here folks. If you want to pick a side, pick one, but don't bash the other guy while trying to up your pick.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »