Home

The feed missions and inaide edge are a stroke of genuis

This is a discussion on The feed missions and inaide edge are a stroke of genuis within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2016, 02:46 PM   #9
Rookie

NKRDIBL's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: The feed missions and inaide edge are a stroke of genuis

Feed missions are also a sneaky way at balancing the market, force someone to spend X amount of Dollars on a player to feed their player. Puts Money into the market via TAX. Takes cards off the market, and they get fed into a player. Helps a bit with balancing cards from getting out of control.
Old 04-14-2016, 03:14 PM   #10
Pro

RLebron12's Arena

I agree! I have silver and gold players who are getting crazy bumps and produce in my line up! People like Pence and Braun get moved up to Diamond Level and kill it! Joe Panik moves up to high gold and hits great so I definitely love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps.” -Willie Mays (The Say Hey Kid)
Old 04-14-2016, 09:55 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 0

I actually thought this was a consumer friendly move. If you amass a good amount of silvers, then on any given day you're going to have some golds to play with. And if you've got some golds they are going to be a diamond every now and then.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2016, 10:23 PM   #12
Rookie

I've never been a DD mode follower, but this year's additions are a game changer for me. I am totally immersed in the mode and haven't even touched Franchise yet, which is normally my first choice of any mode since I started playing the show back in '12.
Old 04-15-2016, 01:44 AM   #13
Rookie

Guccilafluer's Arena

OVR: 2

I looked around a bit tonight and feel like I have everything down in DD, except for these feed missions, what exactly are they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-15-2016, 01:59 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodplanbarf
i agree, i think it is time for DD to have DH full time. I understand the strategy behind the pitcher hitting and how it changes the games but I think an overwhelming majority of players would prefer DH. Plus, thats one more card you're buying for your team.
I agree, a DH would be nice. However, I also like the aspect of using pinch hitters and having a strategy on when to use them. And for some reason, I actually hit decent with my pitchers. Sometimes when there's two outs, if I like my pitcher and he has stamina left I'll just let him bat, and I've actually hit fairly well with them. Idk what it is, as most have terrible ratings, but I've gotten decent contact hits with guys like silver Chris Sale. Also I got another idea with my created DD player. I made him a pitcher, but I'm going to try to give him good batting ratings so I don't need to use pinch hitters.

C- Pink Shaq/Saph Russell/Saph Moses Malone
PF- Saph Hakeem/ Gold Lebron/ Saph David Robinson
SF- Pink Melo/ Diamond KD
SG- 90-91 MJ/ Ruby 97-98 Kobe
PG- Ruby Magic/ Ruby Payton
Old 04-15-2016, 04:44 AM   #15
Rookie

goodplanbarf's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganfan8620
I agree, a DH would be nice. However, I also like the aspect of using pinch hitters and having a strategy on when to use them. And for some reason, I actually hit decent with my pitchers. Sometimes when there's two outs, if I like my pitcher and he has stamina left I'll just let him bat, and I've actually hit fairly well with them. Idk what it is, as most have terrible ratings, but I've gotten decent contact hits with guys like silver Chris Sale. Also I got another idea with my created DD player. I made him a pitcher, but I'm going to try to give him good batting ratings so I don't need to use pinch hitters.
I also hit nicely with Sale ! I'm not completely against the no-DH , i get the positive impact it has but I think dH makes more sense for this game mode.

As for the DD player being a pitcher, i like the concept but the truth is if he's a SP you'll only get to use him every once in a while. And if he's a RP, he will get tired before you can get many AB's from him anyhow. I prefer to make my DD guy a CF, C or 2b/ss
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2016, 04:31 PM   #16
Rookie

DarkArrow's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guccilafluer
I looked around a bit tonight and feel like I have everything down in DD, except for these feed missions, what exactly are they?

They are the 2nd part of a "Conquer & Command" Mission.
Go to your Missions, Conquer & Command tab.

So for example for the Orioles Conquer & Command, the first part is to play 1150 innings with Oriole players.
Once you do that, it will unlock FB 87 overall Manny Machado.

The feed mission is the 2nd part, in this case, to unlock Legend 92 overall Eddie Murray, you simply need to feed your Dynasty Player Oriole player cards until completion (until it says 100% in the mission screen)
On average that can take anywhere from 50 to 100 cards depending on the overall rating of the cards that you feed your Dynasty player with.

It's really much simpler to execute than to explain ;-)

on the DH: Although all the arguments for keeping the NL rules are good, I still think AL rules are long overdue. After all they apply to 1/2 the league.

Last edited by DarkArrow; 04-15-2016 at 04:35 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »