Home

Directional hitting...

This is a discussion on Directional hitting... within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2016, 08:59 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Directional hitting...

I just played someone who pitched nothing but fastballs pretty much right down the plate or a little high. He had Shelby Miller who doesn't throw very hard so he was easy to time. I started getting good timing on every pitch and to an exception of 3 hits, I couldnt even put the ball in play. I won 6-1 off a solo shot from J.D. Martinez, grandslam from Jose Abreu and an RBI single from Nelly Cruz.

You're probably thinking, well then why are you coming? Which is a valid question. The reason why is because I feel unless you hit on zone you offensive production isn't even skill based but rather random. This makes its seem like it's zone or else you're just SOL.

Does anyone have any tips for zone hitting? I have to make the switch. Watching swings and misses on good timing with players like Bautista and Cruz is frustrating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2016, 09:31 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Directional hitting...

IMO depends on if the tv you use has input lag. I used to play on a big family tv and was basically a rookie/veteran directional hitter, who averaged like 2-3 runs a game.

Then I switched to my gaming tv one day and raked, bumped up to all-star and then the games were pretty bad and I felt like I didn't have any control. So I dropped it to rookie on zone. You can choose between like 5 styles of reticles and there's a couple that have a center point. Practice using one of those and you'll get the hang of it and eventually bump up difficulty, change reticles and feel like you actually control the game.

I remember I had such a good eye using directional hitting but when I switched to zone I swung at everything for like ever. But you get used to it and the eye always comes back.

1. Practice on rookie
2. Use a reticle with a center point
3. Take it nice and slow.
3. Make sure to move the reticle towards the pitch being thrown, I don't know if that's obvious or not lol.
Old 04-16-2016, 10:22 AM   #3
Rookie

Re: Directional hitting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChGtXgMs
IMO depends on if the tv you use has input lag. I used to play on a big family tv and was basically a rookie/veteran directional hitter, who averaged like 2-3 runs a game.

Then I switched to my gaming tv one day and raked, bumped up to all-star and then the games were pretty bad and I felt like I didn't have any control. So I dropped it to rookie on zone. You can choose between like 5 styles of reticles and there's a couple that have a center point. Practice using one of those and you'll get the hang of it and eventually bump up difficulty, change reticles and feel like you actually control the game.

I remember I had such a good eye using directional hitting but when I switched to zone I swung at everything for like ever. But you get used to it and the eye always comes back.

1. Practice on rookie
2. Use a reticle with a center point
3. Take it nice and slow.
3. Make sure to move the reticle towards the pitch being thrown, I don't know if that's obvious or not lol.
Oh I know all too much about input lag. I used to have a big plasma TV and a few years back got this 52" Vizio gaming tv and have never looked for any other tv. I have a monitor I could play on but I don't know if the input lag difference is worth it. My tv has game mode obviously and playing without it is not possible. With the monitor it's playable on both game mode and non game mode so perhaps there is a difference.

I've been playing a few Conquest games on All Star while I get myself acquainted with zone hitting and so far it's not been too bad. Online will be a way different story though. I feel like there's lag in every swing online and it's a complete crap shoot whether you're on it or not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »