Home

Hidden Missions Theory

This is a discussion on Hidden Missions Theory within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2016, 01:45 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Hidden Missions Theory

The other day I started getting really curious as to how we unlock these secret missions and came across the achievements tab within DD. I noticed that there was an achievement for getting a triple crown with a single player, a saves one and a strikeout one. There are others but these 3 caught my eye. I thought perhaps drive in between the lines was getting a triple crown or Hank Aaron award. Perhaps hold the line was getting 50 saves with a player. So since it kind of made sense to me, I set out to get 50 saves with a player. After three long days of grinding Conquest I finally got my 50th save and upon completing the game I went to the achievements tab to see they've acknowledged that I've completed it. Excited I quickly went to Missions and then discovery missions. Unfortunately though, to no avail. Not sure if it's just because hold the line doesn't mean you need 50 saves or if it's because these achievements are not the way to unlock those missions. Needless to say I'm disappointed and more curious than ever. I just don't understand how we get access to these missions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2016, 03:23 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Hidden Missions Theory

Has anyone tried going a complete nine inning game without hitting a foul ball and winning?
Maybe get a run without any foul balls then win the game. Strike out every time you hit?
Old 04-21-2016, 10:27 AM   #3
Rookie

NKRDIBL's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLMAN93
The other day I started getting really curious as to how we unlock these secret missions and came across the achievements tab within DD. I noticed that there was an achievement for getting a triple crown with a single player, a saves one and a strikeout one. There are others but these 3 caught my eye. I thought perhaps drive in between the lines was getting a triple crown or Hank Aaron award. Perhaps hold the line was getting 50 saves with a player. So since it kind of made sense to me, I set out to get 50 saves with a player. After three long days of grinding Conquest I finally got my 50th save and upon completing the game I went to the achievements tab to see they've acknowledged that I've completed it. Excited I quickly went to Missions and then discovery missions. Unfortunately though, to no avail. Not sure if it's just because hold the line doesn't mean you need 50 saves or if it's because these achievements are not the way to unlock those missions. Needless to say I'm disappointed and more curious than ever. I just don't understand how we get access to these missions.
My Theory is, that these challenges will be added here shortly, and their is nothing we can do right now to unlock them.Also more prime and rookie cards for players will be added, bringing in new challenges.
Old 04-21-2016, 01:19 PM   #4
Rookie

azstdogg's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLMAN93
Perhaps hold the line was getting 50 saves with a player.
This one is likely getting a certain amount of Holds.

Hold
A Hold is credited any time a relief pitcher enters a game in a Save Situation, records at least one out, and leaves the game never having relinquished the lead. Note: a pitcher cannot finish the game and receive credit for a Hold, nor can he earn a hold and a save.
Old 04-21-2016, 01:26 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by azstdogg
This one is likely getting a certain amount of Holds.

Hold
A Hold is credited any time a relief pitcher enters a game in a Save Situation, records at least one out, and leaves the game never having relinquished the lead. Note: a pitcher cannot finish the game and receive credit for a Hold, nor can he earn a hold and a save.
You may be right. I've exhausted every other possibility, including yours and don't really care to be the one to find out anymore. Lol. After grinding 40 Conquest games over the last couple days I'm just going to take a break and enjoy the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2016, 01:52 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 2

I'm almost certain they just haven't been made available yet. They could be doing monthly things, where they release new content monthly. I'm hoping they do something for the all star game/ HR derby this year, like release HR edition cards for competitors and past performers.

C- Pink Shaq/Saph Russell/Saph Moses Malone
PF- Saph Hakeem/ Gold Lebron/ Saph David Robinson
SF- Pink Melo/ Diamond KD
SG- 90-91 MJ/ Ruby 97-98 Kobe
PG- Ruby Magic/ Ruby Payton

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »