Home

Absolutely new to diamond dynasty

This is a discussion on Absolutely new to diamond dynasty within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2016, 12:38 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 3
Absolutely new to diamond dynasty

Okay, so here is the deal. I have played franchise for years and never really paid much attention to earning packs, getting player cards and all of that. I have been looking a bit closer this year and realize the is a whole game within the game going on with this feature. I know next to nothing about collecting the cards, and am hoping somebody can direct me to the best available tutorial to learn more about DD. I have a couple gold cards and pulled a Papi RC, but have no idea how many stubs I could get for it or whether I should be using it for something else.

Anybody care to teach me the basics?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2016, 05:04 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Absolutely new to diamond dynasty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUFQ_yR2g5Q

If you have more specific questions, I'm sure we'd be welcome to answer them. I can't exactly just explain the entire mode to you because it would take me an hour just to explain every aspect. I'll quote a post I made somewhere else and maybe it'll be helpful.

You can either play Conquest (a Risk like offline game where you take your team and try to take over a board game version of the US by defeating CPU teams in short 3 inning games), Battle Royale (similar to Madden's Draft Champions where you draft a team and try to beat another online player's draft team for rewards) or Road to the Playoffs (take your DD team online to play 9 inning games to try to move up the ranks and eventually make it to the top world series rank).

You can also create your own player (and feed him cards to increase his stats), create your own jerseys/logo, go to the marketplace and buy/list up cards with other players, play friends and more. Any game mode you play earns you stubs (the game mode currency) or tickets (you select a Captain the first time you boot up the mode and then everything you do increases rank with him. You can purchase nice cards from his store with tickets).

The main way to get rewards in this mode is to:
A. Invest in players. Buy cheap players you think will become good in real life later in the year (and thus their price will rise), buy them and hold on to them until their price rises.

B. Play the market. Find a player with a large gap between their buy and sell price, buy order the player for as low as possible, and sell them for just under their current sell price

C. Play any mode within Diamond Dynasty. You will be rewarded with a few cards and tickets (usually crappy ones but sometimes you can get lucky and get an amazing card) in which you can sell or add to your collection.

Finish collections (collect every player on a current MLB team) and earn tickets to earn hidden flashback players and legends.

New this year is Inside Edge. It's a baseball statistical firm in real life that this game partnered up with. Every player in Diamond Dynasty every day, receives a rating from 1 to 5 stars depending on how the company predicts that players will perform against the real life pitcher they will be facing that day. Players can lose or gain stats daily based on how many stars they were given.
The devs also upgrade cards that have performed well in real life at the beginning of each week by increasing and decreasing their overall and stats.
Old 04-24-2016, 06:08 PM   #3
Rookie

buziii's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwayMac
Okay, so here is the deal. I have played franchise for years and never really paid much attention to earning packs, getting player cards and all of that. I have been looking a bit closer this year and realize the is a whole game within the game going on with this feature. I know next to nothing about collecting the cards, and am hoping somebody can direct me to the best available tutorial to learn more about DD. I have a couple gold cards and pulled a Papi RC, but have no idea how many stubs I could get for it or whether I should be using it for something else.

Anybody care to teach me the basics?
FenwayMac - I was exactly like you, I'd never played any DD mode games before this year. As I'm waiting for the final OSFM rosters, I decided to see what DD was like. I really enjoy playing the Conquest mode and suggest you try that. There is a tutorial and a thread devoted to that mode, so you can understand the strategy. It' pretty fun, but it can get tedious after you've conquered the map once. I'm going through it a 2nd time now, and I'm ready to start my franchise! But, try it, it's fun and easy to master.
Old 04-24-2016, 08:44 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

I suggest playing all the way through Conquest mode first. Building a strong bullpen and having guys on the bench who can pinch run and steal bases will help you win those 3 inning games against the CPU.

After you beat Conquest and collect your 10 free card packs, use your one free Battle Royale ticket and see how far you can make it in that mode. Focus your draft picks on bullpen, starting hitting, and pinch running.

After that, you're pretty much free to play whichever mode you like (vs. CPU or vs. other humans).
Old 04-24-2016, 09:44 PM   #5
Pro

Any idea why I would not be able to list the Ortiz RC? I figured I would be able to get a decent sale price to use stubs to bolster my team, but he is not listed in the market and I cannot seem to figure out how to list him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2016, 09:47 PM   #6
Rookie

IcyVegeta's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwayMac
Any idea why I would not be able to list the Ortiz RC? I figured I would be able to get a decent sale price to use stubs to bolster my team, but he is not listed in the market and I cannot seem to figure out how to list him.
Can't be sold, he was part of a preorder bonus Highlight Rookie Flashpack pack and is untradable.
Old 04-24-2016, 09:59 PM   #7
Pro

Well, that's unfortunate 😄. Oh well!
Old 04-24-2016, 11:07 PM   #8
Rookie

I'm relatively new to diamond dynasty as well and I'm wondering how head to head ratings work? What determines how much my rating goes up after a win? Recently I was winning a bunch of games in a row and my rating was increasing by a couple hundred each game it seemed. Now the past couple games I've won my rating how only increased by about 10.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »