Home

Flipping Cards

This is a discussion on Flipping Cards within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2016, 10:41 AM   #49
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Flipping Cards

Any suggestions where to start with 2,000 stubs?
Old 05-03-2016, 10:57 AM   #50
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJRedsox50
Any suggestions where to start with 2,000 stubs?
I'd go to TheShowNation.com, go to the Community Market, and apply a filter of 1-4,000 and just start looking for guys that you can make a decent margin off of. I've found a lot of guys that you can buy for roughly 600-1000 and sell for 1000-1600.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 05-03-2016, 12:16 PM   #51
MVP

KleShreen's Arena

OVR: 10

Yea even with this being my 5th or 6th post in here I still have no idea how to do this. Nothing anyone has said makes any sense whatsoever. Talking about buying a card for a low price and immediately turning around and selling it for more? I don't understand how anyone is making that happen when every single buy now price is lower than the sell now price.

Last edited by KleShreen; 05-03-2016 at 12:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2016, 01:07 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleShreen
Yea even with this being my 5th or 6th post in here I still have no idea how to do this. Nothing anyone has said makes any sense whatsoever. Talking about buying a card for a low price and immediately turning around and selling it for more? I don't understand how anyone is making that happen when every single buy now price is lower than the sell now price.
It's not difficult to understand, just read this carefully.

Look for cards with decent sized gaps between the buy now and sell now. Put in a buy order for 1 stub more than the sell now price. This will put you at the top sell now price. Then, when someone sells you the card, make a sell order for 1 stub less than the buy now price. Once your card sells, you make a profit. Never use the buy now or sell now, as you are just overpaying or underselling your cards.

C- Pink Shaq/Saph Russell/Saph Moses Malone
PF- Saph Hakeem/ Gold Lebron/ Saph David Robinson
SF- Pink Melo/ Diamond KD
SG- 90-91 MJ/ Ruby 97-98 Kobe
PG- Ruby Magic/ Ruby Payton
Old 05-03-2016, 01:10 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethward79
I found packs are good at the start when you don't have a lot of cards. It's a good way to get inventory quickly. But once I started completing collections I found the packs were pretty disappointing because I kept pulling cards I already had.
I really disagree here. Spend 1000 stubs to likely get a bunch of cards bronze worth 300 stubs combined? Not exactly the best way to accumulate inventory. You'd be much better off buying those cards for really cheap off the auction block to complete those 25 man collections

C- Pink Shaq/Saph Russell/Saph Moses Malone
PF- Saph Hakeem/ Gold Lebron/ Saph David Robinson
SF- Pink Melo/ Diamond KD
SG- 90-91 MJ/ Ruby 97-98 Kobe
PG- Ruby Magic/ Ruby Payton
Old 05-03-2016, 02:10 PM   #54
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleShreen
Never buy at the Buy Now or sell at the Sell Now prices.

This is what you should do. For example, here is Player X:
Buy Now: 500
Sell Now: 300

To do this properly, you'd put in a bid to buy him for 301. This way, somone looking to sell now would be selling to you for just 301.

Assuming you get Player X for 301, you'd then put him on sale for 499. This way, someone looking to buy now would be buying from you for 499.

Then you factor in the 10% charge that The Show takes (in this case, 50 stubs), and you get:

449 - 301 = 148 stub profit.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 05-03-2016, 02:32 PM   #55
Pro

OVR: 3

Penny stocks vs blue chips question

It seems I can make 10k plus buying and selling mid-price cards for several hours, but gotta really grind at it.

Ultimately would like to take the profit and roll it into higher-priced flips but it seems (and I am the same way) that if somebody has a high-tier card, they are pretty reluctant to sell it at any sort of a discount. So I normally invest in a high-gold and start over again with the mid-grade.

Has anybody had much success flipping higher-prices cards? Especially with the tax it seems tough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2016, 02:51 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwayMac
Penny stocks vs blue chips question

It seems I can make 10k plus buying and selling mid-price cards for several hours, but gotta really grind at it.

Ultimately would like to take the profit and roll it into higher-priced flips but it seems (and I am the same way) that if somebody has a high-tier card, they are pretty reluctant to sell it at any sort of a discount. So I normally invest in a high-gold and start over again with the mid-grade.

Has anybody had much success flipping higher-prices cards? Especially with the tax it seems tough.
I do flip some diamonds, although it is really risky. I was having some success flipping MadBum this weekend. I was buying for 25 or 26k and selling for 31.5. This was early saturday morning. Later that night he was going for like 33k and 40k. Prices can fluctuate so much in just a few hours so it is risky. And if he doesnt sell for a couple days and goes gold you will lose a ton. I stick to flipping mostly high golds or the cheapest diamonds

http://2kmtcentral.com/18/lineups/6910/teamdavis

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »