Home

Who has been your suprise stand out?

This is a discussion on Who has been your suprise stand out? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2016, 12:25 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Who has been your suprise stand out?

3 flashbacks come to mind

1.) Nick Swisher- I started him for a while & he was great! Solid defense & seems to hit everything hard. When I completed the innings grind for Gwynn, I moved him to the bench & he is MONEY as a pinch hitter! over the past couple days, he's 6 for 8 as a pinch hitter with 3 HRs & 2 doubles.

2.) Jarrod Saltalamacchia- He can flat out crush righties. 80 contact vs., R & 88 pwr vs. R & 85 ovr fielding makes him a staple behind the plate vs RHP.

3.) Yasmani Grandal- Salty is great against righties, but not so hot against lefties, so I needed my back up catcher to be able to rake lefties. IMO, he plays above his 79 con vs. L & 81 pwr vs. L ratings. He's almost as effective vs lefties as Salty is vs righties. His defensive stats are not too hot, but I have yet to have a problem with him behind the plate.

All three can be had CHEAP since all they require are completions of the 25 man rosters for there respective teams. I just put in cheap buy offers and waited. The most I spent on any of them was Salty at about 650 stubs, but you get 250 back when you redeem the rewards. All together, I have under 1k in all three and gained 15k xp.
Old 05-05-2016, 03:52 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 3

Kike Hernandez without a doubt has been a rock in the three-hole.
Old 05-05-2016, 09:02 PM   #19
Rookie

Kike was bomb for me too. He was my first silver.
Sergio Room is still unhittable. His slider is crazy.
Old 05-09-2016, 09:33 AM   #20
Rookie

FB Salty and FB Swisher and FB Rizzo had been amazing for me before i fully upgraded my team with the command and embody missions. I still have FB Rizzo on my bench
Old 05-09-2016, 11:46 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

for some reason my MVP is pablo sandoval. he's the only player on my team who doesn't align with my captain but i can't take his bat out of the lineup. he's so clutch and always comes through for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2016, 08:14 PM   #22
Pro

Biizz713's Arena

Ok, George Brett is ridiculously good. Much better than I expected, I will probably be able to get all of the hitting achievements with him.

406 ABs - 28 HRs - 67 Runs - 68 RBI - 48 SOs - 5 BBs (I suck) - 5 GIDPs - 68 XBHs - .347 AVG! - .432 AVG/RISP! - .663 SLG % - 1.027 OPS

9 errors in 153 games. He's my MVP for sure.
Old 05-09-2016, 09:45 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 55

In a couple of leagues I play in we have roster restrictions as far as how many gold and diamond players we are allowed to have on our active roster. I run with an all silver pitching staff in that format (I need all the offense I can get) and have been using basic, silver Papelbon as my closer. He's had almost 30 appearances for me and I've yet to give up a run with him. Absolutely unreal.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:53 AM   #24
Rookie

CPT JPMorgan's Arena

OVR: 3

Catfish Hunter! Keep getting fastballs right down the middle for my pitchers. I am averaging about .800 with every pitcher I have. Got to the point where I leave the pitcher in to bat, even if planning on taking him off the mound the next inning. lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »